Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy birthday.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Chinese type 56 (sks), really good shape. Had one of these about 25 years ago. Missed it so I jumped on this one when it became available in an estate sale. 25 years ago they went for $150. Now, $695.

Had this 7.62x39 surplus ammo in the estate sale, too. $325 for 840 rounds. Steel-jacketed copper-washed bullets in steel copper-washed casings. Will have to do some tests on it to see if it has corrosive primers.

I couldn't get the Remington made M1917 Enfield rifle I also wanted to buy, unfortunately. You win some, you lose some.

Lots of fun right there. Great pick up 👍
    You probably know, but make sure there is no cosmoline inside it

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    SampsonSampson Posts: 97 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Cigar bomb I received today. Not sure what start with.

• Options
    SampsonSampson Posts: 97 ✭✭✭✭

Right. I was speechless

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Guitarded said:
    I love the forum newsletter. 😎
    Well done @dirtdude !

Ohhhh

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:

@ShawnOL said:
    Chinese type 56 (sks), really good shape. Had one of these about 25 years ago. Missed it so I jumped on this one when it became available in an estate sale. 25 years ago they went for $150. Now, $695.

Had this 7.62x39 surplus ammo in the estate sale, too. $325 for 840 rounds. Steel-jacketed copper-washed bullets in steel copper-washed casings. Will have to do some tests on it to see if it has corrosive primers.

I couldn't get the Remington made M1917 Enfield rifle I also wanted to buy, unfortunately. You win some, you lose some.

Lots of fun right there. Great pick up 👍
    You probably know, but make sure there is no cosmoline inside it

Yeah, I'm going to detail strip it and clean everything before I take it to the range. Good advice.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are those price tags what you paid for extra mags????