What did you get today?

Comments

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

Those were a good deal!

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sethbanks711 said:

Some more fivers!

Looks good to me, but for some reason, RP doesn't get much love here.

• Sethbanks711Sethbanks711 Posts: 254 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:

@Sethbanks711 said:

Some more fivers!

I haven’t heard a lot of good about them, but the page had a deal, so I figured I’d sample some of their stuff while it was on the cheap.

I’m more excited about the Caldwells than any of the RP’s.

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023

@Sethbanks711 said:

Some more fivers!

Those RP Sun Grown and Decades are good smokes in my opinion. I think the biggest reason why he doesn't get much play around here is that his sticks have a reputation for being inconsistent.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat & @Hobbes86 , thanks for the insight. As a newbie, I am still learning. I have had hit or miss with RP, but more hit than miss. They can be pricey, yes, but a good deal on a fiver or in a sampler is worth it. The Decade is really good, and the Sun Grown, and one I like is the older ITC Limited Reserve.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sethbanks711 said:

USPS just made a second delivery! My black label sampler number 2 arrived!

🔥

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up a Logitech Triathlon mouse a while ago and I've really been enjoying it. I already have Logitech (Logi brand) keyboards that connect to two different devices, and now I have a mouse that connects to three devices, this really clears up space on the work table and mouse pad. I have my mouse paired with my home and work PC and my personal phone, it's nice to be able to edit photos and such on my phone with the mouse while I lean back and enjoy a cigar on the vHerf.

At home I have the keyboard paired with my two computers, each set up to share one of the two external displays on my desk. At work, I have another keyboard set up with my phone and work PC and a separate mouse for the occasional times that I use the phone at work.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Stanley cup bet from @vision came in today. Thanks Pete...you must really hate the Panthers, geez what a nice selection!

Everything from the Man o War to the right are OG old AF. I hope they still pack a punch.

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@TRayB said:

A lot of us used to be into RP, then they started producing more and more names with less and less quality. I'd buy something new, because it was from RP and I'd liked previous cigars, and the new thing really really wasn't worth the $. It got too frustrating. I still pick up a Sun Grown from time to time, but they're not as good as they once were. Or, my tastes have changed.

This! I gave up on the.because of production problems and burn issues. Got sick of canoes, runs and flat out refusing to stay lit issues and having to toss sticks to frequently as I won’t waste time trying to fix burn issues as it’s the antithesis of relaxing. I did pick up some Cameron RP when they showed up for what looked like a price error and luckily they are rolled well. Should have picked up more in fact. The Patel Bros (original) is still my favorite RP stick to date. They were fantastic until they reblended them and ruined them.

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023

Wrong section

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@11thGenSoutherner said:

New to me ashtray I've been looking at for a while

Glad you didn't get a NSFW one.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )