• Options
    11thGenSoutherner11thGenSoutherner Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EgoBoundary said:

If you know, you know

If you don’t have callouses you will soon

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Hope you enjoy! We can still only get one or two a year since covid.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@genareddog said:

Hope you enjoy! We can still only get one or two a year since covid.

Had to go the 3 different shops to find one with a manual transmission, DCT is more popular than I'd suspected. I was debating between this and the BMW back when I bought the Beemer. Both are excellent bikes, but after putting about 130 miles over all kinds of roads today, roads I'm familiar with, I think I did the right thing.

Prodigious torque, ultra-smooth, and I'm amazed at how well it handled twisty roads. The only down side has been that dealers only offer roughly 50% of Blue Book value based on the notion that I'm trading a "Base Model" bike in. No quarter given for the $4k in upgrade and goodies. Thus, anyone want a good used 1200 RT?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Did you ever end up test driving the Indian? Or did you try this and it was a done deal once you did?

• Options

@CalvinAndHobo said:

Did you ever end up test driving the Indian? Or did you try this and it was a done deal once you did?

No, I was thinking about that as well when we went for the test ride on this bike, but one of the drawbacks to Indian, as was true for BMW, is the distance to the dealership. We go to Paducah from time to time anyway, it's the closest Sam's Club. True, an hour away, but I live at least 30 minutes away from even Walmart. Although Dollar General now has a store only 10 miles away, lol.

Had this not fit so well, my next plan was either Indian, or the BMW 1600 GLT, but it's been kind of a pain having to go 3 1/2 hours for service, and that would have been the result of either of those purchases.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Guitarded said:
    It's no gold wing, but this we keep me entertained and annoying the neighbors while I am in LA. Sam ash music store going out of business, guitar was half priced and the used Amp was only 100.

Sweet looking guitar! Nice.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:

No, I was thinking about that as well when we went for the test ride on this bike, but one of the drawbacks to Indian, as was true for BMW, is the distance to the dealership. We go to Paducah from time to time anyway, it's the closest Sam's Club. True, an hour away, but I live at least 30 minutes away from even Walmart. Although Dollar General now has a store only 10 miles away, lol.

Had this not fit so well, my next plan was either Indian, or the BMW 1600 GLT, but it's been kind of a pain having to go 3 1/2 hours for service, and that would have been the result of either of those purchases.

You're welcome to test ride mine if we're ever in the same area, as long as you shake my hand first and tell me you'll pay for anything the insurance doesn't cover if you crash, then that's good enough for me.

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Guitarded said:
    It's no gold wing, but this we keep me entertained and annoying the neighbors while I am in LA. Sam ash music store going out of business, guitar was half priced and the used Amp was only 100.

Awesome!