Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got something really cool today. Actually I got two something's. But I can't tell you what and I can post pictures because one is a present for a suspecting botl.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got this yesterday before i had to leave for work.patrickbrick decided to send me some arts and crafts supplies.very nice selection of smokes and sticks!!unexpected and appreciated brother!! patrick bomb photo IMG_20140516_16403_edit_1400272929979_zpsroyollx2.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful English hand craftsmanship - Dunhill humidor. I like the color and finish of this humidor. photo image_zps0026dd22.jpg photo image_zps0e30b690.jpg photo image_zps2003ad71.jpg photo image_zpseddeb24c.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Oh wow rip. thats a good looking one!!
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to an event today at Little Cuba Cigar Lounge to meet some local BTOLs from the Cigar Dojo. It was also a Drew Estate event. I won the Grand Prize!! Seriously?? I never win anything like this!

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Congrats Doug! My humble opinion about JDN Cuarto Cinco- one of the top ten all time Nicaraguan made cigar though the wrapper is not Nicaraguan. JDN say its Nicaraguan Puro but it is not. However, it doesn't undermine the greatness of this release. I stocked up fifteen boxes which is unusual for me.
  • Options
    rzaman:
    Congrats Doug! My humble opinion about JDN Cuarto Cinco- one of the top ten all time Nicaraguan made cigar though the wrapper is not Nicaraguan. JDN say its Nicaraguan Puro but it is not. However, it doesn't undermine the greatness of this release. I stocked up fifteen boxes which is unusual for me.
    Thanks, brother! Wow... 15 boxes! They only made 4500 boxes, yes? If the wrapper in not Nicaraguan, what is it?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great smoke and congrats Doug. Love those cigars
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Puff...that's awesome!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Doug! That is a damn good cigar you got there... I'm with Rip on this one!
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    congrats doug......good to see others winning on ccom!
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Doug! Smoked one of those last weekend based off of rzaman speaking so highly of them and it was absolutely amazing!
  • Options
    Internet is not a good place to talk about everything. Since you have asked...I will send the info via PM. This cigar is perfectly blended with aged tobaccos. It starts with subtle touch. However, don't let it fool you. At the end you will get the nicotine kick. Please have a full stomach when you smoke this cigar. I will review this cigar someday. Again congratulation!!!
    Puff_Dougie:
    rzaman:
    Thanks, brother! Wow... 15 boxes! They only made 4500 boxes, yes? If the wrapper in not Nicaraguan, what is it?
  • Options
    rzaman:
    Internet is not a good place to talk about everything. Since you have asked...I will send the info via PM. This cigar is perfectly blended with aged tobaccos. It starts with subtle touch. However, don't let it fool you. At the end you will get the nicotine kick. Please have a full stomach when you smoke this cigar. I will review this cigar someday. Again congratulation!!!
    Puff_Dougie:
    rzaman:
    Thanks Rip. Not used to having access to industry insiders. Didn't mean to put you on the spot. :^)
  • Options
    No problem brother. Please check your PM.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfecto #2. very small but a long smoke. I will be getting these again.

• Options
    Couple of Yard Gars
    From Stubble
    From Vance (TwistedStem)
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i got 1 word for you: SHizz

photo 83041897-FDFE-4DB9-82CC-7ECBA6365D4A_zpshfpb6l7r.jpg
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Couple of Yard Gars
    From Stubble
    From Vance (TwistedStem)
    hey sherm I hope you got these from someone you trust! The bands Look kinda off to me but I hope I'm wrong for your sake
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Got this from the shizz...thanks Jim you the man!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Got this from the shizz...thanks Jim you the man!!photo 4E614A41-250D-4C62-9D02-6A8B15435FBA.jpg
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    rsherman24:
    Couple of Yard Gars

hey sherm I hope you got these from someone you trust! The bands Look kinda off to me but I hope I'm wrong for your sake

Trusted source and from what I can tell they look legit. Maybe just the photo. Band looks right and letters are raised. Not an expert by any stretch, but from what I have read they look good.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    rsherman24:
    Couple of Yard Gars

Trusted source and from what I can tell they look legit. Maybe just the photo. Band looks right and letters are raised. Not an expert by any stretch, but from what I have read they look good.
    that is a Cuban wrapper as well.
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Gearing up for Gang War! image image
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    rsherman24:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    rsherman24:
    Couple of Yard Gars

that is a Cuban wrapper as well.

Thank You
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Two bundles of monsdale robusto custom rolls from Club Havana in isom image
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    that is sexy mr. catfish!
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Dustin for the win!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    Gearing up for Gang War! image image
    I am thinking of waving the white flag after seeing this pic. Holy Smokes!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Two bundles of monsdale robusto custom rolls from Club Havana in isom image
    Wow!!