Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Michael, Edward and Diver!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Brett!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Thanks Allan!

And nice pickup there Jeff @Sketch6995 very nice indeed!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Brett. Your still just a pup.
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
     @cbuck hit me with some great cigars to try. Thank you Charlie!
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Brett
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad they arrived on schedule Al! Let me know what you think of those Regius! The Curivari is one that my local B & M started carrying, and I love it. Jaime Garcia is the first cigar I had when I started! Enjoy! @Albinfk
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Brett
  • Options
    84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    29....you're just a young punk kid.

Happy birthday Brett!  Hope the cigarette cesation is going well.

Mark
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still wet behind the rears.....
    I might have that wrong
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy birthday!
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last 5 Don Carlos Belicoso and the box.
    Went looking for some of those over the weekend. 3 B&Ms and they all said they are in back order. 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    @Diver43
    Well I already had 4 or 5, so I guess it's half a box or so.
    They can be hard to find.
    But I couldn't fit the box anywhere in my humidor, so theyre in a pile.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Diver43
    Well I already had 4 or 5, so I guess it's half a box or so.
    They can be hard to find.
    But I couldn't fit the box anywhere in my humidor, so theyre in a pile.

Sounds like you need a bigger humidor already.  :D
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone :)
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I almost got Hep C. Thanks prison population.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He lives!  We really, really missed the troll of the week thread.  You have missed out on a ton of good ones.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Original shot looks better
  • Options
    @webmost
    They look great.
    Very impressive 

• Options
    Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain said:
    Someone broke into Lacey's car, and I caught it on camera so I made a sign of it to hang in my yard.  they have threatened to sue me if it doesn't come down, so of course it's not.

They climbin in yo window...snatchin yo people up!
  • Options
    webmost said:
    Stashed me a fresh-rolled box of Maks Churchills. Named Maks after the Slovenian named Maks who sent me the mold I used to make them. Dominican Viso, Seco, and Olor, bound in Connecticut Habano and wrapped in Mata Fina. Longest cigars I have rolled yet. 

Don't usually smoke cigars this long; but the mata leaves were giant and the filler co-operated, and I had this big box, so...

After rolling, how long do they need to rest before smoking?
    I wonder because there are several shops down here where they roll cigars and I have seen people pick them up and smoke them.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    webmost said:
    Stashed me a fresh-rolled box of Maks Churchills. Named Maks after the Slovenian named Maks who sent me the mold I used to make them. Dominican Viso, Seco, and Olor, bound in Connecticut Habano and wrapped in Mata Fina. Longest cigars I have rolled yet. 

Don't usually smoke cigars this long; but the mata leaves were giant and the filler co-operated, and I had this big box, so...

After rolling, how long do they need to rest before smoking?
    I wonder because there are several shops down here where they roll cigars and I have seen people pick them up and smoke them.

My sense of it is that if you're going to smoke them without age, then smoke them right fresh off the table. They'll have a rough edge, but nothing sour. If dampness from the rolling process is going to turn into diaper pail smell or sour taste, then that will happen the next three days. Don't expect a perfect burn.

If you're going to age them, the first and biggest improvement comes around six weeks in the box. By this time, the different leaves have learned to make friends, and the wrapper has shrunk down tight. Now you should get a conical cherry, tho you may have some side burn.

But if you can hold off six months, they will mellow. A year is even better. Even sticks you didn't much care at birth for can happily surprise you after a year. Now you should be able to set the cigar down to smolder, the way I like to do. A robusto should give you an hour and a half. 

I roll a whole crap-pile of test quickies when trying to come up with blends to stash, and I smoke them same or next day. You have to use your imagination to predict how the thing will taste once age has rubbed off the rough edges. My general rule is, if I like it rough and ready, then I can look forward to it after six months. So for your local shop-rolled, hit them right then and there. If you find one you like a lot, stash a box now and look forward to how much better it will smoke next September.

^^^ ... an Uppowoc Maks Churchill perched on Maks' mold. The picture on the band is a famous church on an island in Lake Bleda... apparently the iconic Slovenian tourist trap.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

@webmost Thanks for the info. 

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought an Avo pile from DZR.
    Thanks D

lolol at the lone gurkha in there.  did dzr sneak that one in as a "bonus" hahaha

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *