Home General Discussion
Options

new to this

Hi Yesterday was my first day on this site. I want to thank you guys for giving me sound advice on caring for my smokes and humidor. I have had my humidor and smoked cigars for awhile now but never researched all it entails until now. I see I have a lot to learn. Thanks again for the welcome and kind suggestions. Mike in New Mexico.

Comments

• Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mike, welcome and I'm glad you were able to find the forums. There are lots of great people with a lot of great advice. Feel free to ask any questions you might have and I'm sure someone will have an answer.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    glad to have you.
    we will help whenever we can.

you can start by clicking on the link in my signature line. should help somewhere.
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Hi Mike, welcome to the forums bro
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Mike glad you're here.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome from sunny Denver.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome.
  • Options
    Gino101Gino101 Posts: 26
    Thanks for the welcome..I have read some threads and it is very confusing when it comes to humidification devices. Some people swear by Kitty litter, some be polymer beads from craft store, some say use HF beads or bovida packs, electric devices?????is it just a matter of taste? Ford or chevy kinda thing? I am looking to get a cabinet that has drawers and holds up to 3000 cigars. Not sure what to use? Any suggestions? To set it up I saw using dishes with distilled water only and no wipe is best. May take a week or so but does this sound correct to you guys? Thanks for the help. Mike
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Welcome to the forums... and I can tell you that everyone here is knowledgeable and forthcoming with the knowledge. The KL is used in coolers by many people. The rest us personal preference. I have a small humidor and use drimastat sticks. I have had them since before I joined the forum.

The first thing to do is loose the green crap. Its OK for fake flowers not stogies.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike, welcome to the forum. There's a wealth of knowledge here....and the folks are the best!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Hi Mike in New Mexico, (weird name by the way, we're you're parents, um, "flower children"). Welcome, stick around, and enjoy. You'll learn a lot, and enjoy every second of it.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Welcome To the forum mike
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I welcome you with my usual advice... get a bigger humidor and a second job!

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    I welcome you with my usual advice... get a bigger humidor and a second job!

So true.
  • Options
    ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    Hi Mike welcome to the forum. While I am new here I have been humidifying humis for quite awhile. I don't think there is a wrong or right way to go. Some is personal preference, some is based on cost. Years ago I tred the only thing that did not work for me and that was electronic humidifiers in my cabinet. Very hard to control imho. I am sure the technology has improved.
  • Options
    thanks for all the great advise...got the second job and looking at the larger humi now!
  • Options
    Thanks! It is dry up there too so how do you keep your humidors in a good range? Any suggestions?
  • Options
    I was looking at the Aristocrat from Stabill and that looks pretty good. I may use the beads from KL to assist the cabinet. Ill have to wait n see. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Hello MIKE!

Welcome to the forums! Good to see another person from the land of entrapment! Since your a local, Please PM me your address so i can send you the forum welcome package!

Aj
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club.... Tons of good people and great info on here.
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Mike! I'm really new to these forums as well and, at the risk of sounding redundant, this is a great group of guys; always happy to help and share. The generosity and random acts of kindness I have witnessed here are unparalleled. Great group of folks here at Ccom forums and I hope you stick around long enough to get to know us!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014