Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Daylight Savings Time...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody else hate losing an hour every Spring? Whoever came up with this idea should be tarred and feathered! Always takes me a few weeks to adjust after losing this stinking hour every year.
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but I'm a genius.
    I switch from five 8 hour days starting at 7:30 am to four 10 hour days starting at 6:00am.
    And then the spring back thing happens. So I really get messed up on things.
    Not like I sleep anyways. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what you guys get when you own clocks and watches.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this is the dumbest idea ever. How come Arizona and some county in Indiana don't have to follow the rules?
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    No time change in Arizona bwahahaha
  • Options
    TwoThingismTwoThingism Posts: 121
    No daylight savings here. We were left behind :(
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    CNN had an article at the beginning of the year about how to fix our time zone/DST issues. It was simple really and made way too much sense. So obviously, it won't happen. Get rid of DST. Combine EST with Central. Combine Pacific with Mountain Time. You now have the continental US with only two time zones. Forget three hour time changes for cross country travel. Forget East Coast bias in sports (because we don't stay up to watch California games).
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    No time change in Arizona bwahahaha

Well, as I understand it, that's only partly true. When my child bride and I did the "Four Corners" thing a few years ago, we found that the state of Arizona doesn't recognize DST. That portion of the state that is Navajo Reservation does, however, recognize it. Except that the Hopi Indian Reservations (plural) that are surrounded by Navajo Reservation land like small islands do NOT recognize it.

And that, boys and girls, endeth today's lesson on the simplicity of life. Hope that clarifies it for you..... LOL
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing I don't like is having to set the time on my 9 watches
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Only thing I don't like is having to set the time on my 9 watches

Imagine how much fun you'd have setting them all if you lived in Arizona.... Lol
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    CNN had an article at the beginning of the year about how to fix our time zone/DST issues. It was simple really and made way too much sense. So obviously, it won't happen. Get rid of DST. Combine EST with Central. Combine Pacific with Mountain Time. You now have the continental US with only two time zones. Forget three hour time changes for cross country travel. Forget East Coast bias in sports (because we don't stay up to watch California games).
    easier fix here...start drinking earlier
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only part I do like is having an extra hour of sunlight at night especially when I get off work.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    MorganGeo:
    The only part I do like is having an extra hour of sunlight at night especially when I get off work.
    +1. It only takes a day or so to get adjusted to the time change and that's worth having the extra hour of daylight. I like that plan from sleeveplz since I'm EST, but would be pissed if I was in CST.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I actually cant wait until this time of year... it seems this is my normal schedule and changing to regular time is whats hard.... during the winter im always up an hour early... and now back on time! so nice!

Aj
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image may contain text that says On a positive note When we move our clocks ahead this weekend we lose an hour of rain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image result for bernie sanders daylight saving time
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost five years in this necrophilia disaster!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it this weekend? I vote you guys just don't do it. See how easy that was. 😉
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't change the clock at work in the fall, you can get an hour OT every day during the winter. 
    Oh wait, that isn't really how it works, is it? Oops.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well chit, I'm an hour early.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    Lost five years in this necrophilia disaster!

Don't start a new thread,..... Don't necro,........ 

fail charlie brown GIF
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The clocks are revolting.
    My phone clock goes back one hour every hour.
    I keep wanting breakfast again.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sympathize, jd, I have to keep looking at the thermometer to determine if I am warm enough.
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not real sure why we bother.  It's daylight 24/7 from May until August up here. Whatever I'm "saving" sure doesn't help in January when it's dark all the flippin' time.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...