Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Signatures In Profile

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey Gang,

I've seen some pretty slick quotes in people's signatures and thought it might be interesting to learn the what, where, who and why behind the. If you care to share I'm sure many others besides myself would enjoy hearing about it. I will start:

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you ask him to stop. If he does not, destroy him." This one is a bit odd in terms of its origin, since it was from Anton LaVey in 1966. Now the man and his teachings in no way do I support, but this specific quote I did find a lot of wisdom and truth in. To me it means live and let live, but if you can't follow that and still find it necessary to f**k with me then bring it on because I will win. This really came on lately since a lot of people in my hometown and some people that I'd rather not deal with again keep trying to dork around with me and my family, stumbled across the quote and liked it so I adopted it lol. That being said, what are some of y'all's????
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Ummm....I like LFD lanceros? Yup, that sums it up :)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, who are you? LOL!
    No signature. I'm a simpleton. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience:
    Wait, who are you? LOL!
    Lmao simpleton is the last term I would think of regarding you.... Insane, generous, nvts are much closer ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Truth :P
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    I like lanceros

Tony likes lanceros
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    0patience:
    Wait, who are you? LOL!
    Lmao simpleton is the last term I would think of regarding you.... Insane, generous, nvts are much closer ;)
    LOL!
    Thanks, I think. ROFL!
    Off topic: How's the little one doing?
    Probably getting big and into everything?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience:
    90+ Irishman:
    0patience:
    Wait, who are you? LOL!
    LOL!
    Thanks, I think. ROFL!
    Off topic: How's the little one doing?
    Probably getting big and into everything?

Thanks for asking Tony! Cael just turned 1 on February 20th and I'm hitting 26 in a few days. He is gigantic, just a few inches shy of 3 feet tall already, and weighs 26lbs! He is crawling and pulling himself up on stuff already and going a million miles an hour! All in all doing realllllly really well!
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Hey Gang,

I've seen some pretty slick quotes in people's signatures and thought it might be interesting to learn the what, where, who and why behind the. If you care to share I'm sure many others besides myself would enjoy hearing about it. I will start:

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you ask him to stop. If he does not, destroy him." This one is a bit odd in terms of its origin, since it was from Anton LaVey in 1966. Now the man and his teachings in no way do I support, but this specific quote I did find a lot of wisdom and truth in. To me it means live and let live, but if you can't follow that and still find it necessary to f**k with me then bring it on because I will win. This really came on lately since a lot of people in my hometown and some people that I'd rather not deal with again keep trying to dork around with me and my family, stumbled across the quote and liked it so I adopted it lol. That being said, what are some of y'all's????
    it's funny that you ask this!
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    90+ Irishman:
    Hey Gang,

it's funny that you ask this!
    LOL Har Har Har
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My two quotes are from the movie TinCup. I love that movie and I love golf. The enchilada quote is from the opening song of the movie.
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    My sig is from the movie This Is Spinal Tap. Viv Savage was the keyboard player. That line helps keep me grounded when stress comes a knockin
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Mine (although i cant change it) is from one of my favortie video games... Assassins Creed
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool thread!

My signature line is from Charles Haddon Spurgeon, who was a well-known Baptist preacher in London in the 19th century. He was also well-known for his love of fine cigars. The quote is part of his response when he was chastised by another famous preacher, Dwight L. Moody, for engaging in the "sin" of smoking. I chose it because I am also a preacher and a cigar lover.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Awesome responses gang thanks for sharing!

FYI a but more on mine I relation to Anton LaVey, and to explain why I said I like the quote but in NO way support the source that it comes from. I love history, religion etc and reading about all of it. Anton LaVey was the one who penned the first Satanic Bible in 1966. Hence my explanation, I do NOT support that in any way, but I love that quote and try to live by it among a few others. So yeah great quote but bad source lol. And hence why I don't quote the source in my sig, I have no doubt that those who don't know me or care to would immediately label me with that group which I wouldn't appreciate it.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    I have no doubt that those who don't know me or care to would immediately label me with that group which I wouldn't appreciate it.
    And those who know you, wouldn't.
    Sometimes, people make judgements without knowing the facts first, which is a shame.
    Because when they do that, they miss out on a whole lot.
    Just saying.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience:
    90+ Irishman:
    I have no doubt that those who don't know me or care to would immediately label me with that group which I wouldn't appreciate it.
    Sometimes, people make judgements without knowing the facts first, which is a shame.
    Just saying.
    Just since I don't believe I've ever said it but should, Tony you really are one of the finest examples of what it means to me to be a true human being and a great man. I count my blessings to consider you not just my friend but my brother! Thank you sir for the kind words and it's always a great time talking shop with you tony :) Thanks again for sharing!
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    0patience:
    90+ Irishman:
    Just saying.
    Just since I don't believe I've ever said it but should, Tony you really are one of the finest examples of what it means to me to be a true human being and a great man. I count my blessings to consider you not just my friend but my brother! Thank you sir for the kind words and it's always a great time talking shop with you tony :) Thanks again for sharing!
    ^^^ +1,000 ^^^
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I think mine is cool.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Because, in fact, I am the most interesting man in the world.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Mine is from a the book Fool by Christopher Moore, which is a humorous retelling of King Lear. Moore is one of my favorite authors, to me he's the literary version of Mel Brooks in that he does an excellent job of mixing low-brow with intelligent humor and irreverence for the ridiculous in any institution with respect for the followers (though opinions may differ). The phrase itself is just one that makes me smile when I think about it.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Um...mine's because I'm an @$$.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Mine is a self description of course.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read Bushido while recovering from shoulder reconstruction last summer, the quote resonated with events on our chaotic and self-serving political stage known as Congress.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Love all the dogs and thanks for sharing!! Amos, very cool quote and love the source too :)
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leader of the DMBCDBWEAA gang. "Get lit son!" is our battle cry.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Mine is paraphrased... but I have to agree with it... we work this in reverse. Play when you are young and work when you ate funned out.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    People called me Field Marshall in high school. Figured I could use that in a cigar forum.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    mine was a quote from a conversation me and a buddy had right after a I finished building a Blown 408 for a 55 chevy. I had a piston ring and a few spirolox left on the table. After completly tearing down the engine to install the parts, I realized the parts belonged to another engine project.

Aj
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Mine is from City Slickers when it's bring your father to school day. This was the closing statement from the construction worker.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    Mine is from City Slickers when it's bring your father to school day. This was the closing statement from the construction worker.
    That's been driving me crazy. I knew it was a 'bring your father' scene, but I couldn't remember from what movie.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain