Home Cigar 101

Tubo storage/recommendations

Question about Tubos! Do you store them in your humi or are they good on their own?
Also! Any extra premium cigars that come in a tube that you'd recommend for a special occasion (pref on the mild or mild/medium side)? I've seen the Davidoff Tubo sampler which looks nice...any others?
Thanks again!

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    They need to be in a humidor
    I was going to say the Davidoff Tubo...
    AVO XO is good and can be in a tube. The tube makes little difference in my head. Just a bit easier to get mold in them.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    As far as im concerned ill always store any cigar i get in a humi. %90 of the tubos i have are not air tight and the ones that look like it you never really know
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Def store in in a humi, also the rocky Patel 1990 comes in a glass tube and that fits your bill.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    FYI Habanos SA aka Cuban Cigar company recommends storing cigars outside the tube. It is meant for travel. That being said, they do slow the aging process. They are also mild magnets IMO. Most folks take the caps off if they want to store in tubes. For me, I like them for travel on the go. Otherwise, I would never store in a tube.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always take them out of the tube. Mainly for storage space but from what I gather you want to at least keep the cap just partly screwed in to allow air and keep them from getting moldy.
  • Thanks for the ideas/suggestions! I love this forum!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was a very helpful thread! Thanks to all for their input. I've never seen any discussion on storing tubos. Never thought about the mold issue. Great info!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Follow-up question: Does the advice given here apply also to cigars in glass tubes that are (presumably) sealed? Do you open the seal, remove the tube and place them in the humi unwrapped?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon