Home Non Cigar Related
Options

True Detective

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody been watching that on HBO? Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson.

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't watched it from the begining but I have caught 3 episodes maybe. Not really sure what is going on but it is a great show. Great acting. I have HBO go so I probably can stream them all.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read today that the viewers overloaded and crashed the HBO GO system last night. LOL. I had heard about it and caught it from the third episode onward and I really was enjoying it. The show is kinda strange and unlike anything in the real world of police work but then again,.....what cop show is? But I still liked it.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah when you have worked in law enforcement it is hard to not find and point out all the discrepancies. One episode I was like no way they let you go in alone into evidence and remove what you want. That stuff is controlled. So many other things but if you can shut that part of your mind off and just enjoy it they have done a great job with it.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I loved it. It took awhile to get going, but as long as you didn't need to be in a "thrill a minute" mindset it was gripping. It reminded somewhat of HBO's "Carnivale," which had similar themes and a slow pace but wasn't anywhere near as watchable.

This is going to be McConaughey's year. His acting in the last scene of the the season closer alone should win him an Emmy to go alongside his Oscar. Whoever thought he'd actually achieve his full potential as an actor?

I'm just wondering what they can do to top this season.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Loved the show, normally after working for years in the courts I steer clear of shows like that, but I enjoyed it. I'm curious if they will have an entirely new set of detectives next year or if Harrelson's character is gonna tie in. Maybe it'll be focused on the two cops that were investigating the 2010 murder and questioning Harrelson and McConaghey's characters?
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Great show. Wow, HBO sure knows how to make good TV. I love the music in it too.