Home General Discussion

Humidity in a Vinotemp

I have a Vinotemp humidor that I cant get the humidity above the mid 60's. What is the best way to get it to 70%?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    mid 60s? as in 65%rH?

sounds like you have it where it should be. but if you feel the need to have it at 70% then i would recommend a bit more active humidification such as an oasis or something of the like.
    personally i think 65% is the way to go. better burn.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    SgtRick:
    I have a Vinotemp humidor that I cant get the humidity above the mid 60's. What is the best way to get it to 70%?
    A lot of the guys here would tell you that mid 60's is good.
    You don't mention what you are using for humidification. That makes it more difficult to help out.
  • Im using Heartfelt beads right now.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    SgtRick:
    Im using Heartfelt beads right now.
    Just a thought here. Could you add some 70% beads in there as well or are you already using the 70% beads.
    If you are already using them, then I would suggest that you don't have enough of them in there if they can't maintain at 70%.
    If you are running the 65% beads, then adding an equal amount of the 70% beads may help to bring up your RH a couple of points.
    Or if you are using the 65% beads and prefer closer to 70% then changing out the 65's for the 70's would work.
    If you are mid 60's you are probably fine, but adding the 70% beads (or more of them) should do the trick.
  • Thank you Laker, I will try those.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    65% is the way to go. :) No need to raise it above that. Better burn!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    SgtRick:
    What is the Ambient Humidity in the house?

I've noticed that my Vinotemp, because it has so many holes for air, can tend to mimic the humidity in my room. For example after it rains my Vinotemp always spikes up a bit, that's why I have more beads than recommended to help control it more.