Home Cigar 101

Acronyms & Abbreviations Thread (A&A Thread) Useful terms listed also.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does it seem like we're overrun with abbreviations and acronyms?
ccom
CC
B&M
PIF
MAW
CAO
AVO,......wait,...wait,...that's actually his first name. How long did some of you, like me, think that AVO was another acronym?

Can you think of any more to add to the list?

Or you wanna make up some new ones?

Any that you'd like to banish?

A&A List with meanings:
(Under construction)
AF - Arturo Fuente
AJ = A.J. Fernandez
AB = Alec Bradley cigars
Beads = Heartfelt Beads. A silica product used to control humidity in a humidor. (Not exactly an acronym or abbreviation but, there it is.)
B&M = Brick & Mortar (Cigar Shop)
BOTL = (brother of the leaf)
BORK = "BORK was a typo of BOTL by ENFIDL and we ran with it a few years ago." - wwhwang (Wayne)
CAO = CAO Cigars. Named for founder Cano A. Ozgener
ccom or Ccom = Cigar.com (Not CC. CC means Cuban Cigar.)
CI = cigarsinternational.com (Only online retailer who's name we mention openly. It's OK right? Someones pounding on my door! Maybe it's not OK.)
COTY = Cigar of the Year
CC = Cuban Cigar (This is NOT acronym for cigar.com. Some people get confused.)
Coolidor = Ice chest / cooler converted for use as a humidor.
DD = cigar.com's Daily Deal
DPG= Don Pepin Garcia (cigar maker)
FOG = F#ckin' old guy / Long time member (Forum term)

Humi = Humidor (Also see Coolidor, Tupperdor and Wineador)
Herf - Smoking stogies with the homies (Usually used as a reference to a group smoke session but I think it can also refer to a solo smoke session. I don't think anybody knows where the term came from. Anybody know?)
ISOM = Island South of Miami
JDN - Joya de Nicaragua
KFC = Kentucky Fire Cured
KL = kitty litter (100% silica kitty litter used as humidification.)
LADC = La Aroma de Cuba cigars
LE = Limited edition
LFD - La Flor Dominicana cigars
LG - Litto Gomez Diez cigars
LGC = La Gloria Cubana cigars
MF - My Father cigars
MOW = Man O' War cigars
MOW FTW = Man O' War, FTW? (Ask Randy "Rain". Ask often.)
Maddy, Maddie, Mad = Maduro
MAW = Make A Wish Thread (in the TPB section of ccom)
MUWAT = My Uzi Weighs a Ton (cigar) MUWAT by Drew Estate  AT by Drew Estate
NC = A Non Cuban Cigar
NCR section = Non Cigar Related section in this forum.
OP = Original Poster, or Original Post when referring to the first post in a thread.
OSOK - One Shot One Kill cigars
Pam64 and pam26 = padron aniversary 1964 & 1926 maduro
Parti = Partagas
PDR = Pinar Del Rio cigar
PIF = Pay It Forward Thread (in the TPB section of ccom)
PM = Private Message. (Check your "inbox" in the upper right corner of the screen.)
RG = Ring Gauge
RH = Relative Humidity
RP = Rocky Patel
R&R section = Ratings & Reviews section in this forum
RyJ = Romeo y Julieta
Tat or Tats = Tatuaje cigars
Torp = torpedo
TPB = Trades Passes and Bombs section in this forum.
Tupperdor = Tupperware container or any plastic container used as a humidor.
Wineador = Wine refrigerator used as a humidor.
WOAM --- Arturo Fuente Hemingway "Work Of Art Maduro"

(* generic forum acronyms within the TPB Thread)
*ISO = In search of
*OP = Original post or original poster.v(Forum term)
*WTS = Want to sell
*WTT = Want to Trade
*HTF = Hard to find
Useful Terms -

Necro, NecroBump, Necropost. =
A necropost is a post that revives (as in necromancy) an old (dead) thread, causing it to appear above newer and more active threads. This practice is generally seen as a function of Randy's duties here on the forum but, in fact, anyone can necro and in some cases it can be very helpful to share old posts.

Bump =
When a member posts in a thread it will jump to the top since it is the latest updated thread. When a member posts in a thread for no reason but to have it go to the top, it is referred to as a bump or bumping. Bumping is useful in sharing good info on threads that have dropped out of sight.

Thread -
A thread is a collection of posts, usually displayed from oldest to latest. A thread is defined by a title, and an opening or original post, which opens whatever dialogue or makes whatever announcement the poster wished. A thread can contain any number of posts, including multiple posts from the same members, even if they are one after the other.

Post -
A post is a user-submitted message enclosed into a block containing the user's details and the date and time it was submitted. Posts are contained in threads, where they appear one after another. The first post starts the thread; this is the OP (original post). Posts that follow in the thread are meant to continue discussion about that post, or respond to other replies; it is not uncommon for discussions to be derailed.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    MILF
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    MILF
    My ISOMs Love Fire?
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    There's also BOTL (brother of the leaf) and BORK. BORK was a typo by ENFIDL and we ran with it a few years ago.
    wwhwang:
    There's also BOTL (brother of the leaf) and BORK. BORK was a typo by ENFIDL and we ran with it a few years ago.
    Thanks. Added.
    Ok ok, a real one....MOW FTW.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Well since you've done some similar:
    MF - My Father
    DPG - Don Pepin Garcia
    OSOK - One Shot One Kill
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    - OG
    Original Gangster

- FOG ?
    F**ckin Old Guys....
    Or F**ckin Outrageous Girls! (Like the example in Lee's "bum" thread.)

- OP
    Original Poster, or Original Post when referring to the first post in a thread.

-OPP
    You down wit' OPP? Yeah you know me

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Rain:
    Ok ok, a real one....MOW FTW.
    OK, I know the basics but do you want to provide some background on how that got started? All I know is that anytime someone mentions any MOW you chime in with the FTW (For The Win). Apparently you consider all MOWs "winners". Right?
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    ISO = In search of
    WTS = Want to sell
    WTT = Want to Trade
    WTG = Way to go
    HTF = Hard to find
    LE = Limited edition
    LFD - La Flor Dominicana Brand

LG - Litto Gomez Diez Brand

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    does FTW really mean "For The Win"? I always thought it meant "F uck The World"

boy have i taken that wrong for years.

Aj
    When you use it with MOW, it's for sure eff the world. I don't know how or why it started. I started doing it, then some other people started doing it. Probably because MOW (FTW) is made by AJ, whom is actually a cyborg that traveled back in time to layeth down some awesome cigar knowledge.
    Rain:
    When you use it with MOW, it's for sure eff the world. I don't know how or why it started. I started doing it, then some other people started doing it. Probably because MOW (FTW) is made by AJ, whom is actually a cyborg that traveled back in time to layeth down some awesome cigar knowledge.
    ^^^^
    FACT
    MOW FTW.

AJ is an experimental model created by Cyberdyne systems, known as model "T-MOW".

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Jdn-joya de Nicaragua
    Pam64-pam26= padron aniversary 1964 or 1926 maduro
    Parti=partagas
    Humi=humidor
    Kl=kitty litter
    Money can't buy taste
    Rain:
    MOW eff the world? So I got it all wrong? It's not For The Win?
    Bob! Yo bob! You forgot kl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Money can't buy taste
    Lee.mcglynn:
    LOL not forgotten but there's so many others to post also. This list could take a me a while.
    Bob Luken:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    LOL not forgotten but there's so many others to post also. This list could take a me a while.
    lol ok just checking...there is a ton too go over
    Money can't buy taste
    WOAM --- Arturo Fuente Hemingway Work of Art Maduro

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    WTF = with this fork

LOL = losing online

SMH = standing on my head

TL;DR = trolling liar; don't respond

OMG = on my game

n00b = might be Rodney

IMO = I might obey

IMHO = I'm might obey with hotdogs

FTW = Feed the Walruses

#hashtagAAisForQuitters
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • naomi12naomi12 Posts: 8
    Well i think you guys have covered it all.
    SALT  - Strategic Arms Limitation Talks.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    naomi12:
    Well i think you guys have covered it all.
    SALT  - Strategic Arms Limitation Talks.
    Wow, what an obscure thread to post on for only having 6 posts, but to follow your theme, there's also START: strategic arms reduction treaty.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    One I had to look up on google which wasn't here is "Herf".... I'm a total noob to the community so I wasn't sure in the beginning what that meant. So...

Herf - Smoking with the homies
    chrislolds:
    One I had to look up on google which wasn't here is "Herf".... I'm a total noob to the community so I wasn't sure in the beginning what that meant. So...

Of course that one should be on the list. Can't believe I didn't have that one already. Thanks.
    Up up, in the bu....
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    chrislolds:

i was wondering where the word came from.
    so i looked it up

HERF ORIGIN THEORY

interesting stuff. anyone who was in the Vietnam war care to confirm?
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does it mean when one posts 'Necro' thread. Or something like that... It's usually something faggoty that Rain does. LMBO. ;)
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorganGeo:
    What does it mean when one posts 'Necro' thread. Or something like that... It's usually something faggoty that Rain does. LMBO. ;)

Never can tell the thought process behind Rain, but I believe it is used when a thread is finished. Like when I post that I need Morgan's address and 2 minutes later I have 10 PM's throwing you under the bus. I would edit the post and say Dead.
    MorganGeo:
    Rude!!!! It means that the last post was a while ago. If I want to talk about the retro, I'll search retro. A thread with good info comes up but was last posted on in 2009. I'll say "Necro" which is probably short for Dungeons and Dragons Necromancy which involves bringing back/controlling the undead. :)
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    MorganGeo:
    Rude!!!! It means that the last post was a while ago. If I want to talk about the retro, I'll search retro. A thread with good info comes up but was last posted on in 2009. I'll say "Necro" which is probably short for Dungeons and Dragons Necromancy which involves bringing back/controlling the undead. :)
    Your just fun to mess with. haha