Home General Discussion
Options

When you find a unicorn cigar?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
What do you do when you find one of those cigars that you've been searching for that you never thought you would get? A "unicorn" cigar.
What do you do with it?

And for that matter, what are your unicorn cigars?
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If possible purchase two.one to smoke one to sit on for awhile.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Sit on it for a while. but ill smoke every cigar i have.
    and i think my "unicorn" cigar right now would be The Old Man and the C. I bought one from someone on here (cant remember off the top of my head) and it was tasty!!
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    What do you do when you find one of those cigars that you've been searching for that you never thought you would get? A "unicorn" cigar.
    What do you do with it?

What did you find?
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Don't know what to say but very interesting question.
  • Options
    Echambers:
    0patience:
    What do you do with it?

What did you find?
    A friend is giving me a 2007 Camacho Liberty. It is the pinstripe, I gave it to him years ago and he won't smoke it. So I get it back.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    My unicorn is original blend Nording cigars(Manila band with "Nording" written on top in brown lettering and a single star below it. I have 2 in the humi and doubt i'll ever find any again. For the moment they are humi decorations but i always have in the back of my mind that i'll smoke them if an occasion calls for it. Partly because they are so amazing that i dont want to fire one up and find my experience has changed, but then again i dont keep cigars around for the sole purpose of decoration. Strange feeling.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i usually hold on to them for a while and then smoke em and review.

i did a similar thread a few years ago: CLICK

• Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i haven't really smoked long enough to have a unicorn cigar, but I have 4 or 5 cigars in my humidor right now that every time i pull it out to smoke, i put it back because i don't know if ill get another.
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm like that with the Liga Privadas I get like the Flying Pig and other unico series. RCY gave me some back in December and I cherish them like they are gold. ha I know silly.
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    I usually hold them untill I find the next one on my list then smoke the previous or in the case of duplicates when I find more I burn one from the humidor. For now the only unicorns I always keep an eye out for are from the FFOX ForbiddenX 13 series.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno if I'd actually smoke an OpusX Football. I know people have but I just want it just to have it.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    i would definately smoke em! right now trying to get my hands on a master blend 1 and 2
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the past couple years I've received many great cigars, and there have certainly been some "unicorns" in the bunch......

I used to have the mindset of:
    "I need put this at the bottom of the humi and save it for a special occasion"

You know what happened?
    Multiple, "special occasions" occured (got married, bought a house, birthdays, anniversaries, vacations etc.) but on those special occasions I never seemed to have the time/opportunity to smoke a cigar, let alone a "unicorn" stick.

So you know what I finally did .... said "F it, I'm tired of waiting" and pulled out one of these "unicorn" sticks on a nice & sunny, summer Friday afternoon.
    And I'll tell you the experience was absolutely fantastic. It made me wish I'd have smoked the cigar sooner.
    So now I don't save them specifically for special occasions, a nice day when the weather is good is all I need. The cigar itself makes the occasion special IMO.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not enough experience and too many cigars out there to have a true Unicorn yet. I wanted to try an FFP and Brian sent me one in the newbie secret santa trade (just found out it was him that sent it). I am just waiting for the weather to break so I can sit on the back porch and enjoy it. Next up is a Behike. Once I figure out the logistics to get it, I will let it rest and smoke it. There are always new unicorns. Enjoy the ones you have.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Smoke em! They are cigars and are meant to be smoked. Take a picture if you want to look at it! Lol, really though, I have smoked more "unicorns" than I currently own.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    What do you do with it?

My unicorn cigar was the Ashton ESG Twenty year. I bought two C.Com Premium samplers years ago that included these. I rested them for a couple years and then one nice summer night last year fired it up . These so impressed me, I went home and ordered five more. They are a bit pricey or I would have bought a box. But, next time I have the extra cash, 400 + dollars, I am getting a box. That cigar was the single best experience I can recall in my many years of cigar smoking.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still searching for my unicorn(s). Viaje Daisy Cutter and Viaje Roman Candle. Would be happy to find one but 2 of each would be wonderful. I would look at them a few times as they sit in the humi eventually smoking 1 within a few weeks and aging the other. It is hard to smoke that last one of any great or htf cigar but you have to smoke what you enjoy. I don't want to leave a bunch of high end htf cigars behind when I die. I want to enjoy them while I can.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I havent smoked nearly enough to know, but yours sound good.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    I guess I should have clarified my question.
    It should have been what do YOU do with the unicorns, not what you think I should do.
    I know what I will eventually do with them.
    I just wanted to know what you will do.

I make my hunt for those that are on my list, that I search for.
    With help, I have managed to find the elusive Partagas 150 & 160.
    And Tony/Alien sent me a Torano that has been in my sights for a long time.
    Plus several others that I wasn't even aware of that some guys have deemed me worthy.
    Why, I'm not certain. LOL!
    Those will eventually be smoked and the hunt will renew. LOL!

I was just curious what everyone else does and what ones they consider their unicorns.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found a unicorn today. The ultra rare and prestigious AJ Fuentes. Check the video for more details. I think he thinks he got it on something called cigar bed.

https://youtu.be/7KmZgGSPHW8

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

What did I just watch

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate that you keep posting his stuff and I hate that I keep watching it

• Options

@Cam_91 said:
    What did I just watch

No idea. I tried to make sense of what he was saying and still have no idea.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cam_91 said:
    What did I just watch

It’s called “Necro-Vision”

• Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GaryThompson said:

@Cam_91 said:
    What did I just watch

It’s called “Necro-Vision”

Gary, it’s good to see you hanging around. It seems like I don’t see you for a while at times.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

On topic, I have some that I’m still hoarding, and I’ve smoked some. Eventually I will smoke all of them.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.