Home General Discussion

Pre-embargo FTW - be jealous B*tches!

prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
A friend who knows I am into cigars stops by and hands me two of these. He tells me they were given to him and are supposed to be really good.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

They say pre-embargo on the top band and 1960-Cubans on the foot. They have to be 100% authentic -right????

I suppose I have seen it all now. Anyone else ever come across something this laughable before. They now reside in a prestigious location in my humi so all who see them can know I am a baller.

Comments

• thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    i think those are an actual brand, not cuban but something a cigar company puts out and says made like or with tobacco from the era, like the cuban rounds, and pre-embargo cuban fakes, that some places sell
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They MUST be pre-embargo! They couldn't put it on the band if it wasn't true, right? LOL
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    In related news, I just found this coin dated 100 BC! Incredible!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome haul.and I just realized the humidor I bought at a yard sale is the ark of the covenant....
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Oddly...my shop owner has some real preembargo stuff. But not these... There are several out there from a large batch released in the late 90's produced under several names.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I think that came out of one of the Kennedy's humidors lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Ken Light:
    In related news, I just found this coin dated 100 BC! Incredible!
    wow... talk about prescience.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Place I get to go to sometimes has about a dozen boxes of verified pre-embargos.....and you gotta pay for em no doubt. Talked to the shop owner who is honest enough if you get him one on one and he says hes tried about 8 of them and 4 were like dust and 4 were amazing.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    These are hilarious though. The band looks like a kids art project. They threw everything but Castro's autograph on them, and yet someone bought them thinking they scored.

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    pross:
    These are hilarious though. The band looks like a kids art project. They threw everything but Castro's autograph on them, and yet someone bought them thinking they scored.

God bless em. And speaking of god....your post count is 666.