Home General Discussion
Options

St Patty Day Candelas

curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
carry on....
Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961

Comments

• Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    This thread is now about St. Paddy's Day and candela wrapped cigars.

I know a few of you guys have the filthy hooligans for tonight right? I have a RP The Edge Candela with my name on it. Problem is it's wayy below freezing.

Anyone gonna brave the cold with me on Vherf for a St. Paddy's Day smoke and beer???

Sorry Curt, couldn't let a thread go to waste lol
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    This thread is now about St. Paddy's Day and candela wrapped cigars.

I know a few of you guys have the filthy hooligans for tonight right? I have a RP The Edge Candela with my name on it. Problem is it's wayy below freezing.

Anyone gonna brave the cold with me on Vherf for a St. Paddy's Day smoke and beer???

Sorry Curt, couldn't let a thread go to waste lol
    Was gonna go out, but I'm in the basement with a fire going! No candelas either... Just a macanudo, not bad! I can count the Mac's I've smoked on one hand.

I didn't know there was an RP edge candela. Let us know how it is. Edge is a pretty solid cigar in my opinion. The maduros are very good!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I've had most of the candelas out there and given the fact that I smoked them in the 60's it was the machine made A/C Grenadiers that are better than what is currently out in the market. JMHO
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    i think the fuente candella, was the best one ive had. i do have a hooligan, if i get a chance tonight
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Had an LFD double claro a few years ago, that was really good. Made me want to get into candelas but then I never actually got more. Can't remember why.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    This is my first Candela so I have no idea what to expect. I'm interested in it since it's different, but really this is just going along with the obligatory "green things" on St. Paddy's day BS lol
  • Options
    You know what, I hate to say this but I think the Filthy Hooligan had a lot to do with me not following through. I've never seen a single positive word about it and it got me thinking maybe I just liked that stick rather than the wrapper.
  • Options
    Makes sense. I like the black market a lot, so I think the wrapper for that is just a gimmick and people are sometimes against that. But, it seems like the other candela wrapped cigars are just different you know?
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to be trying a Filthy Hooligan tonight as soon as the wife and kid go to bed. My first one, but I guess I have to do it for St Patrick (and maybe some Jameson and McSorley's black lager). I hope I stay away from the Devil Site
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Yup, hooligan for me. This batch has been in my humi since last year, hopefully they've improved but if not I've taken out a My Father as back up. :)
  • Options
    perkinke:
    Yup, hooligan for me. This batch has been in my humi since last year, hopefully they've improved but if not I've taken out a My Father as back up. :)
    Take the wrapper off the hooligan, wrap it around the MF, then smoke it. Do it, you won't.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I had an illusione 88 candela today, it had about a year on it and it tasted better than the one I had last year but it's still not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    perkinke:
    Take the wrapper off the hooligan, wrap it around the MF, then smoke it. Do it, you won't.
    HAHA, I agree with this. I had my first hooligan on Saturday and thought that it sucked badonkey balls. Just my opinion though.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    the filthy hooligan tastes like ***
  • Options
    lol well the RP Edge Candela is pretty good. Not great, but a good kinda different.
  • Options
    MorganGeo:
    Ken Light:
    perkinke:
    HAHA, I agree with this. I had my first hooligan on Saturday and thought that it sucked badonkey balls. Just my opinion though.
    Bah ha! Well, a year turned those into a smokable stick, not great but not sweaty goat ass like ROTT.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the Filthy Hooligan last night. Didn't think I'd like it but I did. It did want to keep splitting on me so I had to tape the band on and slide it up as it burned but other than that it was pretty good.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't thrilled with it, but I didn't really dislike it. Have a couple left from a fiver I am going to put to bed till next year.
  • Options
    The green of the Candela wrapper is a little disorienting though, just doesn't look right.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    L.F.D. makes a really good one that is a better smoke then the hooligan. Just my opinion .
    no matter where you go, there you are.