Home General Discussion
Options

its that time of year again

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
this is the fourth year that in late september/early october, when the weather has turned for the cooler, and leaves are changing but not quite falling, where i smoke a cusano corojo 97. this cigar was made for this time for year. sitting by the fire tonight with friends all smoking this cigar. fantastic tradition.

the first year was because i smoked one a few months before and said to myself "self, you need to smoke this in the fall. it would be perfect then"

the next year i sat in my back yard with one and smoked it around the fire with my wife drinking some warm apple cider.

last year TheseFilthyHands and i sat around my fire each with one.
this year... we have 3 people. im so excited to have this cigar tonight.

please shoot me a PM if there is any chance of you comming up tonight with a cusano corojo 97 in hand. all are welcome.
BYOC (bring your own Cusano)

just an after thought...
im not sure what i will do when this run of this cigar is done. there is only so much vintage 97 leaf. ill have to find another medium body corojo that tastes very autumn.

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I had one of the 97's a few years back when I was pretty new to smoking and thought it was a bad cigar. I of course was not as seasoned a cigar smoker as I am today, and I didn't have a well maintained humidor... I may have to revisit this one soon. Wish I could be there Kuz!
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I love this time of year. For some reason, it seems like I am able to get a better sense of the flavors out of a cigar when it is cool out.
  • Options
    Nothin' better than sitting on the porch drinking a scotch, lighting one up, and listening to the Bruins... Oh would you look at that... looks like I'll be doing just that tonight!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kuzi16:
    this is the fourth year that in late september/early october, when the weather has turned for the cooler, and leaves are changing but not quite falling, where i smoke a cusano corojo 97. this cigar was made for this time for year. sitting by the fire tonight with friends all smoking this cigar. fantastic tradition.

the first year was because i smoked one a few months before and said to myself "self, you need to smoke this in the fall. it would be perfect then"

the next year i sat in my back yard with one and smoked it around the fire with my wife drinking some warm apple cider.

last year TheseFilthyHands and i sat around my fire each with one.
    this year... we have 3 people. im so excited to have this cigar tonight.

please shoot me a PM if there is any chance of you comming up tonight with a cusano corojo 97 in hand. all are welcome.
    BYOC (bring your own Cusano)

just an after thought...
    im not sure what i will do when this run of this cigar is done. there is only so much vintage 97 leaf. ill have to find another medium body corojo that tastes very autumn.

I have been eye-ballin' some Cusano Corojo 97's from the same B&M I got the aged Cusano Hermanos Vintages with the yellow cello from. They look old but OK . May have to pick some up ...I tried these several years ago and was not impressed but may try again anyway .
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I still have the one Kuzi sent me for his 1000th post contest and it had these same exact directions!

I believe the one he sent was from '07 and I hope to enjoy it this year!!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    last night was great. a bit on the cool side but thats when you pile more wood on the fire. the cigars were the same vintage 97's that are great this time of year.

pictures were taken.
    none of them are appropriate for the forum.
    we had to drink a lot of beer to take that picture.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I'm imagining Will Ferrel in "Starsky and Hutch" telling you and your friends. "Ok, this is going to get a little weird. But I'm gonna need TWO dragons!"
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    you probably would have had more show up if you supplied the cigars... lol. glad you had a good time though.