Home General Discussion
Options

New Beads/New Coolerdor

OK! Got some beads, and due to Daily Deals KILLING me... I tossed together a coolerdor.

I have a large Saltwater aquarium, so I have some media bags laying around I used to put the beads into. Seems to work well. I took about 1 ounce (calculations called for 1/2) in one bag for my humidor. Its a little guy, maybe 40 stick. Took the rest, about 7 ounces, in another bag, tossed it in the coolerdor.

I had a Gel thingie in the little humi, worked well, but always had to add water, and it didnt protect against humidity spikes (its been humid here in WI lately). Well, since putting in the beads, its still on the high side, 74 or so (the beads are 70).

The coolerdor is holding steady at around 72. I have some empty boxes and cigars in there as well.

Any thoughts on why they are holding higher than they should? There is still a portion of beads that are solid in color... so I know they arent packed with water....

Comments

• Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    Maybe give it some time. It took my beads about a week to get my humi down from about 75% to a normal range. If it's humid right now don't check it just leave it alone. Keep in mind ambient humidity higher than 75% will only increase the humidity in you humi when you open it.