Home Non Cigar Related

This doesn't make sense to me.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
Why do they make baseball caps with the underside of the brim white? Traditionally they were always green. I remember being told that it cut down on glare. Makes sense. At least any dark color under the brim would make sense. Why would it make sense to use caps with white undersides on the brim? The players go to all the trouble of wearing eye black and sunglasses to avoid glare. Why the obvious brain fart on the white brim undersides?

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things that make you go hmmmm. Interesting. I never would have thought anything of this. Learn something new every day.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    My only guess is that they changed it to white to keep players cooler. Lighter colors keep you cooler since they reflect light. If not that then maybe the person who made the change happen took a physics class and learned that the color doesn't really make a difference? who knows
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I miss something? I wear ball caps often I've never seen them white.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Must be a homey thing...
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Things that make you go hmmmm. Interesting. I never would have thought anything of this. Learn something new every day.
    My mind works at odd angles sometimes.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Did I miss something? I wear ball caps often I've never seen them white.
    It's not a majority of them. But it's enough that I've noticed. And it's not a recent thing either. I can't remember when I first noticed it. Maybe within the past couple of decades. It may have been happening for a lot longer but it still doesn't make sense. Seems like you'd want dark flat colors under the brim to reduce glare.