Home Non Cigar Related

Just not my day...

perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
So this morning I decided to try a light workout before work...and stuck my hand on a carpet tack while doing pushups. Then I go to take a shower...and see that my shower has backed up and clogged. Drano just pools in the standing water. Can't exactly be one of the primary points of contact for an elected official's office when you're sweaty and grimy so I'm home until the plumber gets here, which won't be until after 5 according to my landlord. Then, every light I turn on burned out. Every. Single. One. And I'm out of bulbs (it's a sunny morning so that's not terrible). Since I can't go to work, I do a hobo shower in the sink to take care of the worst and go to the PO to mail my end of a trade. The kiosk only prints an inch of my postage label. So I go to the counter, the worker goes and checks and sure enough, printer died. Just died. Not one of those things by themselves is a big deal, but all in the span of four hours? Needless to say I'm steering clear of anything that may be able to kill me today.

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't take it personall, but...
    Please stay away from this forum just for today.

I hope you understand.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Don't take it personall, but...
    Please stay away from this forum just for today.

I hope you understand.

Nor would I attempt to light up a cigar, else you may find that gas leak that has been eluding you...
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    You and I both.....

Aj
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    So this morning I decided to try a light workout before work...and stuck my hand on a carpet tack while doing pushups. Then I go to take a shower...and see that my shower has backed up and clogged. Drano just pools in the standing water. Can't exactly be one of the primary points of contact for an elected official's office when you're sweaty and grimy so I'm home until the plumber gets here, which won't be until after 5 according to my landlord. Then, every light I turn on burned out. Every. Single. One. And I'm out of bulbs (it's a sunny morning so that's not terrible). Since I can't go to work, I do a hobo shower in the sink to take care of the worst and go to the PO to mail my end of a trade. The kiosk only prints an inch of my postage label. So I go to the counter, the worker goes and checks and sure enough, printer died. Just died. Not one of those things by themselves is a big deal, but all in the span of four hours? Needless to say I'm steering clear of anything that may be able to kill me today.
    I feel sorry for the guy you sent sticks to. Bad mojo in that box. Hope tomorrow is better.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    You have just experienced day that mirrors the last 20 years of my life....

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I've learned that some weeks have four or five Mondays in a row...... Just sayin'.....
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy what I call a good day in my life. lol j/k Hope things make a turn for the better.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    perkinke:
    I feel sorry for the guy you sent sticks to. Bad mojo in that box. Hope tomorrow is better.
    I considered stopping by the Catholic Church and the Buddhist temple on my way there to have the box exorcised, but thought I'd risk it (no deity worth talking to would mess with a man's sticks). The rest of the day didn't go badly, but then again I didn't do much other than sit on the couch and order pizza. I was too scared to cook and risk blowing up the neighborhood.