Home General Discussion
Options

My Honey Moon Cigar

FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
Today is my four year anniversary. On our honey moon cruise stop in Honduras I bought two cigars one Maduro and one "Colorado/natural" cigar from a guy on the side of the road rolling cigars on a little podium. Yesterday I finally lit up that maduro and man was I impressed! I love a spicy cigar and this one came with it's game face on. Right now I am smoking the lighter colored one and it is still good but I'm not enjoying it near as much as yesterday's maduro. Really wish I would have bought more of these four years ago knowing now that this was a one of a kind/lifetime cigar for me that I'll never have again.

Comments

• Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! Looks like you'll just have to take that cruise again next year for your fifth and stock up.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    Today is my four year anniversary. On our honey moon cruise stop in Honduras I bought two cigars one Maduro and one "Colorado/natural" cigar from a guy on the side of the road rolling cigars on a little podium. Yesterday I finally lit up that maduro and man was I impressed! I love a spicy cigar and this one came with it's game face on. Right now I am smoking the lighter colored one and it is still good but I'm not enjoying it near as much as yesterday's maduro. Really wish I would have bought more of these four years ago knowing now that this was a one of a kind/lifetime cigar for me that I'll never have again.
    Some things are better as once in a life time experiences, I think. As soon as we become comfortable with a certain luxury, it no longer becomes luxurious. The memory will last much longer than box of cigars would have lasted you and, like cigars, memories tend to get better with age. Shift your perspective and accept each new day as a new experience. Or something like that :-)
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I cruise about 2 times a year and have made at least 25 of them and love going to places that a cigar friendly as well as those areas that have a fresh supply of rolled cigars. If you can find a good one in Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, etc. having a torcedor make you one is one of lifes biggest pleasures esp. if you are a cigar person. I can remember smoking some fresh cigars that were actually made in Key West and the flavor is unmatched against cigars that are rested/aged. There is a place in New York that deals in Dominican hand rolled cigars where they take their own tobaccos and roll them fresh and then send them out to consumers....amazing cigars. The place is called Rosarios but they don't take Interent business anymore...but they are worth every penny as to what they cost.
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Grats on your 4th annivrssry Rob
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the anniversary. Sounds like a great smoke and glad you enjoyed it.

We went to the DR on our honeymoon almost nine years ago. Our first night they had a party with a table set up hand rolling cigars for like $2 and the Steelers game on a movie screen on the beach. Thought I died and went to heaven. Only fresh rolled cigar I have ever had and it was great. Now, need to book a vacation.