Home General Discussion
Options

Speaking of smoking jackets.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
My first wife actually bought me one and it was extremely comfortable. Another loss to the big wind and I still, after 8 years, don't know if I miss it. Any of you use one..?

The reason I even bring it up is because of an article I just read and I was surprised by part of the description of a good one. A good smoking jacket is supposed to be made of a material that traps cigar smoke.

Comments

• Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    My first wife actually bought me one and it was extremely comfortable. Another loss to the big wind and I still, after 8 years, don't know if I miss it. Any of you use one..?

The reason I even bring it up is because of an article I just read and I was surprised by part of the description of a good one. A good smoking jacket is supposed to be made of a material that traps cigar smoke.
    lol hear/saw this on Bar Rescue (my roommate's guilty pleasure) the other day. There was some member's club where you could smoke and the owner was given a red satin smoking robe or w.e and they explained how it's supposed to trap smoke and therefor not affect your clothes underneath. Good idea, poor execution if you don't want to look like the Hef.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    jd50ae:

lol hear/saw this on Bar Rescue (my roommate's guilty pleasure) the other day. There was some member's club where you could smoke and the owner was given a red satin smoking robe or w.e and they explained how it's supposed to trap smoke and therefor not affect your clothes underneath. Good idea, poor execution if you don't want to look like the Hef.
    Lol! I saw that too. Jon taffer is too cool.

I actually just ordered one and will get it as an easter present.... I am excited!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    No_one21:
    jd50ae:

I love that show. I (think) have that one recorded and I am now going to watch it.....thanks.
  • Options
    This guy imageimage
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    This guy

I just decided I don't want another.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^
    Pimpin' bro!

Been looking at these for a while, I think it would go well with my linen pants (yes I rock them in the summer, so comfy, especially when loungin' around smokin a cigar....don't judge me)......

But all the jackets I've found are more than I want to spend, LOL!

Looks great though.
    Curious to find out if it helps with the smoke/smell "as advertised" --- give us a report after you test it out!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jd50ae:
    Gray4lines:
    This guy

Lol! It is quite the look
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Gray4lines:
    This guy

LMFAO hahahahaha

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    ^^^^^
    Pimpin' bro!

Been looking at these for a while, I think it would go well with my linen pants (yes I rock them in the summer, so comfy, especially when loungin' around smokin a cigar....don't judge me)......

But all the jackets I've found are more than I want to spend, LOL!

Looks great though.
    Curious to find out if it helps with the smoke/smell "as advertised" --- give us a report after you test it out!
    I have a pair of linen pants I will bust out soon, lol!
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    I think they're kinda cool looking. I'll probably get one if i can find one that i like.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Smoking robes ....good ones will do what they are made to do and that is to keep the smoke from getting on your "street clothes" and that helps to keep your suit underneath fresh without having to have them dry cleaned so many times which is not good for your suits.... having to expose them to the supposed organic materials that laundry places say they use. They will break down the finest of wools and blends with repeated service. Smoking jackets will take the abuse which is why they are used as a covering. For the everyday person who smokes cigars this isn't something useful unless your wife and kids are allergic to smoke then I recommend them buying a smoking jacket or just take your clothes off at the door and put them into the laundry immediately and wash them. Just having them sit in a basket still gives off the smell.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about your pants? Do they make smoking Chaps?
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Perhaps they dont wear pants when they smoke!? ;)
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    bearb:
    Bob Luken:
    This is generally what I do to keep the smoke smell off my pants.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    bearb:
    Bob Luken:
    This is generally what I do to keep the smoke smell off my pants.
    I do keep my thong on, but thats just me.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961