Home Cigar 101
Options

I want a wine humidor

2»

Comments

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The smell is just fine. The unit is 3 years old. Currently have 3 old boxes a cup of distilled water and 2 69 boveda packs I threw in yesterday. Came out this morning and it was at 69. Now to go get some KL and sit that in for a few days. I will have to get a 120v digi stay as this has an analog and at the highest setting it is reading 62 degrees. I want to get a consistent 67-68. Then to ordering drawers and shelving. Still trying to determine exact setup I want.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Ok. Shelves are ordered. Waiting on eta. Went with 1 false front drawer. 2 double drawers, I lift out tray, 1 single drawer, and 2 shelves. Going to have custom pulls made by a water jet guy I know. Of all things they will be copies of cigar bands. It is amazing what they can do with that thing. I may even do something custom with the handle. Now I just need to figure out the bands I want to use.

• Options
    Got the KL in there this afternoon. Also picked up a digi stat that I will install tomorrow. It is a 120v that that the wini will plug into. I don't like that it will eliminate the light inside when it shuts off so I will come up with a solution using led tape lights I have from a job plan on puting a powered receptacle on the back that will feed the digi stat straight through so power stays on for lighting and additional fans when the unit is off. I will post some pics as I am doing the electrical. Sorry for hi-jacking the thread here.

• Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    matkn293:
    Ok. Shelves are ordered. Waiting on eta. Went with 1 false front drawer. 2 double drawers, I lift out tray, 1 single drawer, and 2 shelves. Going to have custom pulls made by a water jet guy I know. Of all things they will be copies of cigar bands. It is amazing what they can do with that thing. I may even do something custom with the handle. Now I just need to figure out the bands I want to use.
    If you ordered shelves from Winadors.com they are usually 4-6 weeks out .... then shipping FedEX ground is slow as molasses .... I ordered mine 3-16 and got them May 21st after they shipped out on May 9th .... The product is flawless and well constructed but the communication and choice to use a crap shipper jaded me slightly. I am going to order another double drawer and a shelve at some point in time to accompany the 4 double drawers I already have.
  • Options
    Sorry here is a pic of the current setup ..... Two pounds of KL and a pound of a mixture of 67 and 69 % Conserva gel beads that I've have for years

photo photo3_zps993759e9.jpg
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    Sorry here is a pic of the current setup ..... Two pounds of KL and a pound of a mixture of 67 and 69 % Conserva gel beads that I've have for years

photo photo3_zps993759e9.jpg
    jim you getting any water pooling at the bottom of the unit? or did you leave the drain hole unplugged? only concerned since you have those luchadores at the bottom, could get wet if water builds up at the bottom.
  • Options
    No water at all pooling in this unit or the old one ever...... The beads are in sealed trays . Do thermo electric units produce excess moisture cause I've never had any?
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    No water at all pooling in this unit or the old one ever...... The beads are in sealed trays . Do thermo electric units produce excess moisture cause I've never had any?
    Me neither...
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is a new air thermoelectric model, very quite and never had a single problem after using it, I got this 20 bottle unit new with free delivery from Amazon and then ordered the cedar inserts from a previously mentioned site listed earlier. All said and done, completely setup, ordered, deliverd and taxes included the entire cost was just over $300..... I would do this all day everyday, if I could afford another you better believe I would have it on the way and switch over to just wineador so from here forward. image image image
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Irish, Very nice looking. That Zebra Wood on the drawer fronts?
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    Irish, Very nice looking. That Zebra Wood on the drawer fronts?
    Thanks rob and yeah it is. Knew if I got a wineador I'd have it for a long time and it would be the "centerpiece" of my humidor collection so to speak so I wanted to do a nice one.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    I am currently getting water pooling in the bottom of mine but it is not completely set up yet. I have a few empty boxes and KL in there with a couple cups of water. I have ordered some 65% beads I am waiting on as the RH has not risen above 60 yet until I turn it off, then it spikes to 80. Now this may be because I still have it in the garage and not inside yet. Waiting until its finished to do that. Did want to try and get it under control once to see and make sure it works before I put all the work into the unit when the shelves & drawers arrive.

• Options
    matkn293:
    Now this may be because I still have it in the garage and not inside yet. Waiting until its finished to do that. Did want to try and get it under control once to see and make sure it works before I put all the work into the unit when the shelves & drawers arrive.
    Just curious and I know next to nothing about wineadors, but why not put it in the house where it will be kept on a normal basis? I would think you would want to do your experimenting under the same conditions it will be kept in, no?
  • Options
    Oh I agree. I was just waiting on my electrical parts so I could get it all situated. It has just taken my electrical supplier a bit to get a part I want to make it work along with the led lighting that I am going to put on the inside of the door. Of course I am impatient and plugged her in and started going. Now that I can't make the mods for a while with my surgery it is going inside.

• Options
    Got ya!