Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

The Groundhog Club = Awesome Gesture

RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
Seems there's trickery afoot. WEBMOST got me with the old bait and switch with his addy. And I sent a package to the address he provided. Apparently they are cigar smokers as well. Because yesterday and today I received packages that state such a thought. First I'd like to apologize for the mishap in shipping to you. Yet I'm very happy I did. Secondly, it's good to know there's other crazy bombers out there that enjoy a good cigar. Thirdly, what are the unbanded cigars that was sent? Lastly, and this is most important. Thank you very, very much.
Oh, I almost forgot. I want to personally thank Phil :).

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is awesome! Phil is a good groundhog. Horrible weather prognosticator... but good groundhog. And apparently he has excellent taste in cigars! Who knew??
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    That is awesome! Phil is a good groundhog. Horrible weather prognosticator... but good groundhog. And apparently he has excellent taste in cigars! Who knew??

??

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity, what do groundhogs taste like? Anybody know?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    Chicken, of course!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    roland_7707:
    Chicken, of course!
    "Everything taste like chicken,
    Except the chicken,
    Which taste like fish." From the Hobbit movie.

Good job Rick. Making someones day is an awesome feeling, and I hope you start feeling better soon too.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    Puff_Dougie:
    roland_7707:
    Chicken, of course!
    "Everything taste like chicken,
    Except the chicken,
    Which taste like fish." From the Hobbit movie.

Good job Rick. Making someones day is an awesome feeling, and I hope you start feeling better soon too.

Thank you Sir.

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    roland_7707:
    Chicken, of course!
    Nah they are a little gamey tasting.
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    Phil is a good groundhog. Horrible weather prognosticator... but good groundhog.

HEY hey hey hey hey there. Tread lightly. Trying to make a living here. You think you're good at weather, you try it. See if they make a movie about you.
    <br><br>

• Options
    roland_7707:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekk!
    <br><br>
  • Options
    PhilWhistlepig:
    roland_7707:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekk!

HEY hey hey hey hey there. Tread lightly. Phil is a very good friend pf mine. Now you terrified him back to his den. May not come back out for a month.

This is no way to threaten a ROTL. This ain't over yet, Roland. Not by a long shot. You need to taste sumpin, taste this.

• Options
    psssssst

Johnny

Johnny

is he still out there?

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    Seems there's trickery afoot. WEBMOST got me with the old bait and switch with his addy.
    I am as surprised as you. Honestly, I had neither hand nor connivance nor knowledge of any of this. Doesn't even sound like something I would do.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    I guess I'll add this to this thread as well. Puff_Dougie wanted to make light of this thread, soooo. Somehow he found out I'm a golfer and sent me this. Thank you Sir and as you can see I found a driver for it. The joke on Rick month continues :).

• Options
    Haha! That's beautiful! Did Phil smoke all the sticks in the box while it was in transit? LOL
  • Options
    That ain't no ground hog. That right there is a dogdang gopher. Can't you tell the difference between a mascot and a varmint? Entirely another movie altogether.

Man, I hate when that happens.
  • Options
    PhilWhistlepig:
    That ain't no ground hog. That right there is a dogdang gopher. Can't you tell the difference between a mascot and a varmint? Entirely another movie altogether.

Man, I hate when that happens.
    Hmmm... It says on the tag that it is an Official Punxsutawney Phil Driver Cover. Don't say nuthin' about no Caddyshack. And it was won in a blind auction in a goodie basket direct from Gobbler's Knob.

Starting to wonder about the bona fides of this "Phil Whistlepig" character...