Home General Discussion
Options

Who makes your favorite lighter?

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
I have a Xikar torch that my wife got me for my birthday, and I really like it.

But I was wondering who makes your favorite and what type of flame it is.

But if there is already a thread in this please point me too it.
One God, One Truth

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ronson single torch. $4
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK so I love the Bugatti lighter my wife got me for fathersday a few years ago,but I usually use one of the many ronsons I have laying around the house .
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Morettti carbon fiber jet torch

Ok, it's my only option :) But I do like it quite a bit
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Love my Bugatti, second place is a freebie JetLine I picked up somewhere.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Bugatti for when I wanna punch or something. Mostly Lotus Ave Maria lighter, it has a nice big ignition button, big easy adjustment wheel, and holds a good amount of fuel. Love it.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xikar soft flame pipe lighter. Xikar single torch, double torch, and triple torch lighters all round out my needs. I also have a Lotus quad flame table top torch.
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Xikar single torch
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Xikar soft
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Bic
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Bic
    +1 to that
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    Xikar trezo been using it for 4yr now.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    for a "permanent" toasting/lighting lighter i use a Xikar EX soft flame lighter.
    for spot touch ups i use a Bugatti B1 single flame torch.
    for a more "disposable" option i got with DJEEP.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Morettti carbon fiber jet torch

Ok, it's my only option :) But I do like it quite a bit
    I've gotten a few of these as discounted "extras" with cigar purchases. I've had mixed results with them. In fact I've had mixed results with all my pocket jet flame lighters. But I really love it when a cheapo out-shines a 30 dollar model. I like to root for the underdog.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite lighter is my tabletop model. Alec Bradley The Burner. I use it with the flame turned down as low as possible and I consider it a soft flame when used like that. It's great for carefully toasting the foot while on low, but if you want more flame you can crank it up much higher if you want. Of course it won't fit in your pocket.

My favorite pocket lighter is still to be determined. Even the few that I consider to be my best, each one has at least one flaw that keeps me from committing to it as my favorite.

Colibri NASCAR Rebel $5 - Great lighter (when it works). The reason I say that is that I liked the first one so much that I bought another one and it was a dud. I had it exchanged and the replacement was a dud as well. It's a single jet with a viewable fuel tank and a good flame adjustment wheel. The first one I still have and it works like a champ but the other two had to be returned so I can't recommend it.

Then there's the Xikar Element. Dual jet flame and a built-in punch. But I've had trouble with the spark. Had it replaced and still had trouble with the spark arcing to the side where it wouldn't ignite the jets. But my B&M guy adjusted it for me and it functions well now. The only complaint at this point is that it gets too hot around the thumb switch if I spend very much time toasting the foot of my cigar. For that reason I don't call it my favorite either. But I do think enough of it that I grabbed another one at a steep discount from one of the bid sites.

Plus I use a Bic sometimes for a soft flame and I've had some good results from a $3 Ronson JetLite.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Any good soft flame lighter..Xikar Exodus, Ping Lighers, Ronson 'Comet" soft flame and then I have 20 different torch lighters...it's a sickness.