Home Non Cigar Related

Unforgiven (Movie)

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Just finished it up tonight. WOW. The transformation Clint Eastwood does near the end, back in to his old ways is downright chilling.

Comments

• rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Terrific movie!
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I have "deserve's got nothing to do with it" tattoo'ed around my neck with a bulls skull under it. Favorite movie of all time. Eastwood fanatic....
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    "You just killed an unarmed man!" "Well he should have armed himself"So far, it's either TGTB&TU or Unforgiven that's my favorite. The former just has this epic feel, and Blonde and Angel Eyes are awesome characters. Unforgiven is great because it shows Eastwood NOT as a BAMF....and then the transformation he goes through. I've been on a Western kick as of late. Done the Dollars trilogy, Two Mules for Sister Sarah, Unforgiven and Tombstone. Got Once Upon a Time in the West and The Searchers lined up next.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clint is the man. I would have him as my profile pic if I hadn't noticed someone else already did.
    Classic westerns are my favorite. Just realized how long it's been since I've watched one.
    You don't f*** with this guy.image
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Rain:
    "You just killed an unarmed man!" "Well he should have armed himself"So far, it's either TGTB&TU or Unforgiven that's my favorite. The former just has this epic feel, and Blonde and Angel Eyes are awesome characters. Unforgiven is great because it shows Eastwood NOT as a BAMF....and then the transformation he goes through. I've been on a Western kick as of late. Done the Dollars trilogy, Two Mules for Sister Sarah, Unforgiven and Tombstone. Got Once Upon a Time in the West and The Searchers lined up next.
    the searchers is one of my favorites. The book is so much darker and explains things a little more. You should read it. If you want to borrow my book I can send it to you. Let me know.
    If you recommend it that much, I'll just buy it on my tablet.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome flick. Clint's westerns are all classic. The Outlaw Josey Wales is also in my top five Eastwood movies.

"I was lucky in the order, but I've always been lucky when it comes to killin' folks." -Will Munny
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    "I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you done to Ned."
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best scene ever when the bottle comes rolling into the bar. Love that movie
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    The Outlaw Josey Wales is also in my top five Eastwood movies.

Agreed
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Never actually watched the film, but the DVD has been sitting on my shelf for a while. I watched about half before I needed to go to bed. Great movie. My wife would HATE it. (Which is usually the sign of a good film.)
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Great movie. My favorite line: "Hell of a thing, killing a man."
    .....still an awesome movie!"See you in Hell, William Munny.""........yeah"
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭

;o)

So I'm watching the movie again and noticed something.Earlier in the movie, Little Bill was talking about how being a calm shot was better then being fast. Just realized that that's what happens in the end when Clint is fighting everyone....they're all freaked out and he is calmly aiming.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    So I'm watching the movie again and noticed something.Earlier in the movie, Little Bill was talking about how being a calm shot was better then being fast. Just realized that that's what happens in the end when Clint is fighting everyone....they're all freaked out and he is calmly aiming.
    Yeah, I watched for that every time he shot after that conversation. When he's shooting with the rifle he looks agitated after he says he was never any good with those things.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I've been on a Western kick as of late. Done the Dollars trilogy, Two Mules for Sister Sarah, Unforgiven and Tombstone. Got Once Upon a Time in the West and The Searchers lined up next.

Next up you should watch the Trinity Trilogy....
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    Rain:
    I've been on a Western kick as of late. Done the Dollars trilogy, Two Mules for Sister Sarah, Unforgiven and Tombstone. Got Once Upon a Time in the West and The Searchers lined up next.

what is that one? Never heard of Trinity Trilogy
    One God, One Truth
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    WaltBasil:
    Rain:

what is that one? Never heard of Trinity Trilogy
    "Spaghetti Westerns" They call me Trinity. Trinity is still my name. and I think there might be a third one just called Trinity. Trinity is the right hand of the Devil.