Home Ratings & Reviews

House Blends

What is everyone's opinion on the house blends? I received a shipment today of the Cuban Label, and have tried a few of the others. I'm looking for a reasonably priced everyday cigar, in addition to splurging on a few highly rated cigars. The Cuban label I had this evening seemed very good. Is it because anything tastes better than a cigarette to me right now, or are they actually pretty decent. Any suggestions on a few good cigars around the same price range? Mike

Comments

• TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    i've only tried the brazilian and thought it was fantastic. certainly want to try them all.... unless there are any that the posters here would have people steer clear of.

i should point out that i have tried the cameroon, but it only lasted a few minutes and wrapper came unwrapped. had to pitch it. thought it was tasty for that short time.
  • I had a cameroon label and thought it was good. I did not experience any issues with it coming apart. Who makes the house blends? Are they from a known company?
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    i think the reason it came apart was because it was pre cut by the person who gifted to me. it may have been that way for a while. it started coming apart at the head.
  • mcadenhead:
    I had a cameroon label and thought it was good. I did not experience any issues with it coming apart. Who makes the house blends? Are they from a known company?
    I think they are all produced by a different factories. I know the corojo label is made by Don Pepin, which is super cool. I haven't tried any of them yet but I think its about time. I would like to get the corojo, cuban, and brazilian labels with my next order, but there aren't any robustos of the latter two in stock.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I can honestly say the Brazilian Label took me by suprise. I wasn't expecting much out of it, but it really is a flavor bomb, pretty good construction and burn too.
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    T. Gervais:
    mcadenhead:
    I had a cameroon label and thought it was good. I did not experience any issues with it coming apart. Who makes the house blends? Are they from a known company?
    I think they are all produced by a different factories. I know the corojo label is made by Don Pepin, which is super cool. I haven't tried any of them yet but I think its about time. I would like to get the corojo, cuban, and brazilian labels with my next order, but there aren't any robustos of the latter two in stock.

I'm going to have the Corojo churchill today. So far I really like the Blue, Corojo, and the Brazillian.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i like the Brazilian as well. I hear good things about the Cuban

if you like Cameroon wrappers give those guys a shot. some claim they are some of the best tasting cameroons on the planet.

and they age well.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    The red is good if you like more full bodied cigars, and the blue is good for a lighter smoke. Those are my favs.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

if you like Cameroon wrappers give those guys a shot. some claim they are some of the best tasting cameroons on the planet.

and they age well.
    Wasn't that Capt that LOVED those things?
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:

and they age well.
    Wasn't that Capt that LOVED those things?
    I do believe you're right...I love most of the house blends. Even the purple was good for a mild smoke. My favs were probably the red, blue, brazilian, cuban...cammie was right up there. Corojo was OK, but not on the same level.
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    The house labels are legit. +1 for the cameroon. I've had mixed exp with the cuban label. Had one in the morning with some coffee and it was a great smoke. Had a 2nd one a week later because of the good experience I had with the other one and it was not as good.

The corojo label reminds me of the old original version of the Padilla Achilles with less spice. Not a fan of the Blue or the Purple. come to think of it not a fan of the red either. Never had the brazilian. Might as well get a sampler lol
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    The only one I've had is the Brazilian, and it was a really good cigar. I've heard good things about all of the others. As you can see, just about everyone here raves about them, lol. I think I might pick up a sampler and try them all.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I really want a sampler of the house blends, but with getting my Forum Blend.... I'm just waiting for more of those!!!
  • ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    I tried a Brazillian label tonight and I was extremely dissapointed... It had just shy of 6 months in my humi.. Burn was extremely uneven, smoke was plentiful (which i like) but my god it was harsh. It seemed to have an extreme spice and harshness to it. I don't know it I just got a bad one or what, but i didn't think they were supposed to be spicey. Anyone else had a similar experiance?
  • nudienudie Posts: 112
    got the sampler 2 weeks ago... cameroon is my fave... always liked cameroons... and found a wonderful economical cigar i would smoke every day... I had a Brazilian and didnt care too much for the bitterness on the finish... i also smoked on an empty stomach and too early for that maduro wrapper... I had a purple label with breakfast on sunday and it was great!... not usually a fan of mild cigars... but it was sweet and creamy and nutty... perfect combo with my hazelnut coffee... I had a Corojo mid afternoon and was a good addition to cleaning out the garage... slight sweetness on the finish and a BIG flavor... BTW... all robusto... i will defnilly be purchasing boxes of house blends in the future to fill my 3 stick a day enjoyment
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Having a Red Label right now. I stand by this cigar, very yummy. Had them for apprx 10months. Update!!!! I am finishing up a 5 vegas and I must say, I do prefer the red label. Much more creamy like characters than the vegas classic.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I know this is an old topic, but I tried the Cameroon label tonight after work... WOW. Delicious. My palette really isn't quite developed enough to pinpoint specific flavors in the profile, or at least how to properly describe them, but I do know that it was certainly one of the most flavorful, rich cigar experiences I've had yet. I will definitely be buying more of the House Blends in the future.