Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Why is it.....

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
That about 75%of clothes comming out of the dryer are inside out? But if you put them in the washer inside out, they come out of the dryer still inside out. It really irks me that i have to spend extra time righting them.
One God, One Truth

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Why is it.... That no one on earth can make a damn fridge with an ice machine that doesn't break or go crazy...
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Why is it.... That no one on earth can make a damn fridge with an ice machine that doesn't break or go crazy...
    Hmmm.....I bought my current fridge when I moved into my house 10 years ago. Haven't had a problem with the ice maker yet. Why do I get the feeling I just royally jinxed myself.......
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    catfishbluezz:
    Hmmm.....I bought my current fridge when I moved into my house 10 years ago. Haven't had a problem with the ice maker yet. Why do I get the feeling I just royally jinxed myself.......
    A message my tenant left me when she first moved in our condo;
    "I noticed the fridge doesn't have an ice maker. How do I make ice?"
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    catfishbluezz:
    Classic. I actually worked for an old guy up in Copper Harbor who used to work as an ice delivery man. They would cut blocks of ice out of Lake Superior and deliver it to the locals for their ice box. We've come a long ways.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    catfishbluezz:
    Classic. I actually worked for an old guy up in Copper Harbor who used to work as an ice delivery man. They would cut blocks of ice out of Lake Superior and deliver it to the locals for their ice box. We've come a long ways.

When I was a kid growing up in Detroit most folks still had iceboxes - not refrigerators. The ice man used to deliver blocks of ice from a horse-drawn wagon. We kids used to run up behind the wagon to hitch a ride and swipe small chunks of ice to suck on. This was in the early forties.....
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Nice. Mine makes ice fine, but it always overflows, even when the bar is in the full position. The thing always makes a couple of blocks every hour or so and then I have to pick ice up out of every corner of the freezer.

But it's a first world problem, so I'm not one to complain about it. Having the ice maker saves our marriage; my wife can't live without it. I'm a from the tap guy. It's cold enough if you let it run for a bit. She, otoh, must have a full glass of ice water within reach wherever she goes. She never seems to drink from them, but they must be there. We need a separate dishwasher just for all the cups she and my kids go through.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    That about 75%of clothes comming out of the dryer are inside out? But if you put them in the washer inside out, they come out of the dryer still inside out. It really irks me that i have to spend extra time righting them.
    Ooo! Oooo! Ooo! I know that one! Only because it was a question for "Ask Marilyn." It's because the stitching and seams of certain items (especially underwear) makes them naturally turn inside out when floating in water. Since Marilyn is the smartest sentient being in the universe, she HAS to be right. :)
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    One pant leg inside out, the other not. I have actually tested it with the same shirt in 2 different loads. The one inside out stayed that way. The other was right and got turned. Just the kinda thing that makes me say huh.

And why do people put ice in soda pop? If they dont drink it fast enough it gets watered down, and its cold enough coming out of the machine.
    One God, One Truth