Home General Discussion
Options

Anybody ever smoked an Egg?

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
At my buddy's B&M Grand Opening on Saturday, the Drew Estates rep had a couple of these on display. I must say it piqued my curiosity. Anybody ever tried one? Clearly a novelty stick, but I have to say it looks like it would be fun to smoke. Wonder what the bulge of filler does for the flavor profile?

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I've sucked one of these before...
    http://herb-magic.com/black-hen-egg.jpg

Seriously though, I've never read a good review of one. Just that they were cool novelties. I must admit that I've thought about getting one.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    Seriously though, I've never read a good review of one. Just that they were cool novelties. I must admit that I've thought about getting one.
    Not something I like to admit ... but yes, yes I have tried to smoke one.

Back when I first got into cigars a friend and I saw these at the B&M and thought "wow that's cool & different, let's try it".....
    Paid MSRP for them, LOL stupid us.

I don't remember much about it except when it got to the "egg" part in the middle the whole thing went to $hit & the burn was beyond terrible. We tossed them straight into the fire pit, had probably 2/3 of the cigar remaining....

If you want to try it for a novelty or keep it in the humi as "something fun" to look at, go for it.....
    But if you want to try it and are expecting it to be a "decent" smoke, don't waste your $$$.....I've had less burn problems with Gurkhas ;-)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    .....I've had less burn problems with Gurkhas ;-)
    'Nuf said. :^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I "smoked" one. The burn and draw was just ridiculous. Definitely not worth it. If you have a display humidor and want to look at it, then sure, but don't bother trying to smoke it.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    If that thing blows up you'll lose a eye
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Got one off the bid site (cheap). (Not sure why I bought it) Never brought myself to smoke it though. Still have it. Maybe I'll use it as a fake dog rocket and freak people out with it.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Iv put some smoked chipotle powder on fried eggs......does that count?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    the more i see this... the more i want it.... I feel like im a novelty kinda smoker.... So I am going to see if Sean has any of these in stock and im going to smoke it. I cant resist the stupid thing anymore!

Aj
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    No, but have smoked bacon quite often
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    I got this result from DE's cigar personality quiz. The tag line said something like, "you'll smoke anything." Not sure that made me wanna try an Egg. It looks interesting though.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56:
    the more i see this... the more i want it.... I feel like im a novelty kinda smoker.... So I am going to see if Sean has any of these in stock and im going to smoke it. I cant resist the stupid thing anymore!

Aj
    I like how you think, AJ. When I see something like this, it seems too much like a challenge, and I hate to pass up a good challenge. I'm sure it's probably nasty, but I'd still have to get one and try to smoke it if I had a chance.
  • Options
    naomi12naomi12 Posts: 8
    Puff_Dougie:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj

I like how you think, AJ. When I see something like this, it seems too much like a challenge, and I hate to pass up a good challenge. I'm sure it's probably nasty, but I'd still have to get one and try to smoke it if I had a chance.

Hmm yeah i if i can get my hands on one of these i really would like to try it. Problem is where i live at the moment we don't have any good stuff
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    I got this result from DE's cigar personality quiz. The tag line said something like, "you'll smoke anything." Not sure that made me wanna try an Egg. It looks interesting though.
    I had no idea there was such a thing. I'm a sucker for those things. I got Nica Rustica El Brujito. You can see my review on the reviews board...wrote it up about a month ago.

But no, no egg for me. They make my toots stink.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    naomi12:
    Puff_Dougie:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    Hmm yeah i if i can get my hands on one of these i really would like to try it. Problem is where i live at the moment we don't have any good stuff
    Hey send me your Address so I can get you the forum welcome and information kit.

Aj
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56:
    naomi12:
    Puff_Dougie:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    Hey send me your Address so I can get you the forum welcome and information kit.

Aj
    PM to me too, AJ.