Home General Discussion
Options

Be jealous guys!

photo 70B98680-4E99-4956-B6FA-171A9065BC02_zpsqoprd8c1.jpg

It is absolutely amazing! My first ever Cuban!

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK... I am officially jealous! Not only of the CC... but also of the venue!! Nice, bro!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    OK... I am officially jealous! Not only of the CC... but also of the venue!! Nice, bro!

+1 over and over and over
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Enjoy the cigar and the moment my friend. FYI, I wouldn't buy any more of those though...
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Enjoy the cigar and the moment my friend. FYI, I wouldn't buy any more of those though...
    Beat me to it...eff
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    ;) glad it was enjoyable
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Gman99Gman99 Posts: 13
    It had a good taste to me but construction was definitely an issue. Not the best put together cigar but pretty good smoke. Got a Cohiba for tonight so hopefully it lives up to expectations.
  • Options
    Dunno where you are and don't take offense, but be careful. It's way too easy to get duped. As catfish aluded to, that monte is a little suspicious looking.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    flat band...hope the cohiba is from a different source! But all in all I'd still rather be there lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Yeah if be willing to bet the Cohiba is fake as well... Not sure where you are staying brother, but fakes are sold at all tourist locations. You need to find an LCDH
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Yeah if be willing to bet the Cohiba is fake as well... Not sure where you are staying brother, but fakes are sold at all tourist locations. You need to find an LCDH
    Amen..but enjoy the beach brother..i would trade places with you right damn now!
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    That's a great view!! Smokin by the water!!
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would enjoy a fake Gurkha on that beach right now. Glad you enjoyed the smoke man.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Help us all out here. What are you seeing in the picture that gives it away? I am seeing a off center logo on the band, like it is too close to the top of the band and should be centered top to bottom...I dont smoke many Monty's and dont know if this is normal or not.
  • Options
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Gman99Gman99 Posts: 13
    I'm in Grand Cayman. I tried to do my research to make sure it was the real deal, but I'm new enough to it they coulda got me haha it was still a good smoke tho honestly it had a Hoya de Monterrey taste to me
  • Options
    FireRob:
    Help us all out here. What are you seeing in the picture that gives it away? I am seeing a off center logo on the band, like it is too close to the top of the band and should be centered top to bottom...I dont smoke many Monty's and dont know if this is normal or not.
    I can't see what puff just posed (dumb iPads...) so sorry if this is redundant.

Yeah, the band is off center and it lacks any embossing. I am not familiar with the older bands though. They have changed color and I think didn't used to be embossed. But, if it's a newer monte, it isn't looking too good.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos The circles and fleur are raised.

As others have said, I'd gladly smoke any **** on that beach. Have fun, dude!
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    I'm with Gray. Let's see, my options are shivering in the rain with an authentic here or lounging on the beach watching bikinis go by with a fake that still smokes okay.... Enjoy the vacation dude!
  • Options
    perkinke:
    Gray4lines:
    I'm with Gray. Let's see, my options are shivering in the rain with an authentic here or lounging on the beach watching bikinis go by with a fake that still smokes okay.... Enjoy the vacation dude!
    What if the girls in bikinis also have fake... oh, nevermind!
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Good Pic of the real band.

So, if you were going on a cruise ship would it be better to just order online from Ken and/or Ravi or try your luck at bringing something home from a LCDH store at one of the stops during your cruise?
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    I would enjoy a fake Gurkha on that beach right now. Glad you enjoyed the smoke man.
    LMAO! Good one.

Next time I think the cuban fake detectives should wait until the guy's vacation is over before telling him he's been buying fakes. LOL Let him enjoy the rest of his time on the beach first.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LDCH? I had to google that. (La Casa del Habano) Then I googled a little more. I'll cut and paste a little of the info specific to Grand Cayman Cayman Island.

La Casa del Habano in Grand Cayman is a true delicacy experience in the art of cigars. Offering clients outstanding service and selected authenticity guaranteed products, La Casa del Habano is a must visit for all visitors to Grand Cayman.
    Located on the Waterfront in the center of George Town between the two Cruise Ship piers, La Casa will take you to the exotic locale of world class cigar making. The famous cigar chain totally immerses you into a true Cuban experience.