Home General Discussion
Options

M-AVE-ICE!!!!

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
I have just finished my "Man-Cave-Office"

The girlfriend is out of town for work and I just took the spongy shelf liner things (that make your plates not slip) and lined the door with it, rolled a towel underneath the door on both sides for bottom blockage, cleaned up three boxes of papers and CRAP, Swept the floor, set up two little tables, a lounge chair, and my laptop on a computer desk and I have a corner office in the house so one window is open slightly and one window has a fan exhausting out it....

I'm smoking in here right now and we'll see if she notices the smell when she comes home on Monday... If it's really bad then I'm done and prolly gonna get yelled at...
If it's noticeable but not bad, I'll get an Ozone Generator for afterwards...
IF she doesn't even notice then BOOOYA!!!!
I got a candle lit and a halogen light for mood lighting.... BRING ON WINTER!!!!

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you sound excited....just a little. I smoked on the deck tonight and froze my a-hole off.
  • Options
    nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    hahaha nice one man
  • Options
    jsnake:
    you sound excited....just a little. I smoked on the deck tonight and froze my a-hole off.
    I'm just excited for I hinted that I was going to do this... and she just kinda dropped the subject.... I will surprise her that I CLEANED and then hit her with it was for my own intentions...

She'll prolly then just point to the bathroom and pile of clothes in the corner of the bedroom and tap her foot..... :/
  • Options
    manjimanji Posts: 28
    nice work. I can't wait to hear if she notices.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    jsnake:
    I will surprise her that I CLEANED and then hit her with it was for my own intentions...

She'll prolly then just point to the bathroom and pile of clothes in the corner of the bedroom and tap her foot..... :/
    Ya know, that must be every guy's downfall lol... My laundry gets so damn bad, and no matter else I do to clean up around the house, buy flowers, etc.. it's always "Do the damn laundry!" LOL
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Hays:
    Lasabar:
    jsnake:
    I will surprise her that I CLEANED and then hit her with it was for my own intentions...

Ya know, that must be every guy's downfall lol... My laundry gets so damn bad, and no matter else I do to clean up around the house, buy flowers, etc.. it's always "Do the damn laundry!" LOL
    My downfall was that when I moved in with her it was after living on my own for about 5 years... And I'm a perfectionist so I would always fold the laundry so each shirt and pants were PERFECTLY folded.... She loved it and assumed I LIKED laundry....

Now it's just assumed it's my job for I enjoy it... but in all reality it was just because she did it wrong.... I've learned to cope with crappy laundry folds, she's not learned to cope with DOING LAUNDRY!
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    LOL lasabar you crack me up! My roomate of many years is moving out next year, I have already been dreaming of my own man cave. And in my head I have been decorating, man style of course, wondering what sort of leather chair to get, what colors to paint (I'm leaning towards browns, blacks, deep reds and perhaps orange or rust/autumn style colors). Whether or not the 42" TV belongs in there or not (its huge, one of those SONY projection tvs), I also just got the coolest poker chip set in a nice aluminum case, just for the potential of a man cave!

I have yet to ponder the air flow, but since there's only one window its not going to be hard. If I do get this "man cave" together I wouldn't be against hosting a No. California herf.

Best things about parties I throw.. I used to be a chef, so there will always be food.

When and if this happens I will give y'all a heads up and a head room count, to see if it's a viable option.

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    My man -cave is downstairs in a finished room in my basement. Has a leather sofa with recliners on both ends. A leather loveseat. A leather recliner. A floor model tv, some end tables,wall unit ,basically a den that I have taken over. It has no windows so in the winter if I smoke down there I open the door going towards the outside entrance and just open two windows so some air is circulating and if I 'm going to be smoking more than one I'll aid that with a fan. I shut off the air vents so nothing circulates upstairs. The wife NEVER says anything about it or the smell but she's a peach. I guess she figures its not as bad as some vices I could have !!! It really is relaxing and a serene place to just chill by myself when I need to after a stressful day at work or whatever. Man Caves are very theraputic and now I need to figure out a way to take a deduction for it on my taxes to make up for what I had to send those basturds when I was audited this year. ( I don't mind paying my taxes at all - what I do mind is what the government spends it on, not just this administration,but dems and repubs alike although we do seem to be going thru unprecedented largesse now) Damn this is starting to spiral LMAO - enjoy the man caves guys .
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I have just finished my "Man-Cave-Office"

The girlfriend is out of town for work and I just took the spongy shelf liner things (that make your plates not slip) and lined the door with it, rolled a towel underneath the door on both sides for bottom blockage, cleaned up three boxes of papers and CRAP, Swept the floor, set up two little tables, a lounge chair, and my laptop on a computer desk and I have a corner office in the house so one window is open slightly and one window has a fan exhausting out it....

I'm smoking in here right now and we'll see if she notices the smell when she comes home on Monday... If it's really bad then I'm done and prolly gonna get yelled at...
    If it's noticeable but not bad, I'll get an Ozone Generator for afterwards...
    IF she doesn't even notice then BOOOYA!!!!
    I got a candle lit and a halogen light for mood lighting.... BRING ON WINTER!!!!
    Good luck! It is my belief that the world would be a happier place if it had more man caves.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    rad1964:
    LOL lasabar you crack me up! My roomate of many years is moving out next year, I have already been dreaming of my own man cave. And in my head I have been decorating, man style of course, wondering what sort of leather chair to get, what colors to paint (I'm leaning towards browns, blacks, deep reds and perhaps orange or rust/autumn style colors). Whether or not the 42" TV belongs in there or not (its huge, one of those SONY projection tvs), I also just got the coolest poker chip set in a nice aluminum case, just for the potential of a man cave!

I have yet to ponder the air flow, but since there's only one window its not going to be hard. If I do get this "man cave" together I wouldn't be against hosting a No. California herf.

Best things about parties I throw.. I used to be a chef, so there will always be food.

When and if this happens I will give y'all a heads up and a head room count, to see if it's a viable option.

Chef? Food? We shouldn't wait until you're roomy moves out for a herf. I'm free now!
    Jeff
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    My man -cave is downstairs in a finished room in my basement. Has a leather sofa with recliners on both ends. A leather loveseat. A leather recliner. A floor model tv, some end tables,wall unit ,basically a den that I have taken over. It has no windows so in the winter if I smoke down there I open the door going towards the outside entrance and just open two windows so some air is circulating and if I 'm going to be smoking more than one I'll aid that with a fan. I shut off the air vents so nothing circulates upstairs. The wife NEVER says anything about it or the smell but she's a peach. I guess she figures its not as bad as some vices I could have !!! It really is relaxing and a serene place to just chill by myself when I need to after a stressful day at work or whatever. Man Caves are very theraputic and now I need to figure out a way to take a deduction for it on my taxes to make up for what I had to send those basturds when I was audited this year. ( I don't mind paying my taxes at all - what I do mind is what the government spends it on, not just this administration,but dems and repubs alike although we do seem to be going thru unprecedented largesse now) Damn this is starting to spiral LMAO - enjoy the man caves guys .
    nice man
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    gmill880:
    Can I come crash at your cave Gene? Sounds nice and cozy.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    That it does.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Hey Rad - I'm 100% down for a NorCal herf... I'll even bring some food (I love cooking as well) ;-). I'd be hosting herfs all the freaking time at my place if I could (long story, but basically I can't). I love having people over, and it seems like pretty much every fella I've ever met that smokes cigars is a pretty awesome guy.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    Absolutely , well enjoy some good smokes and if I'm involved theres usually some good food and drink involved as well !!!
  • Options
    lasabar, how did the man cave work out this weekend. Did she smell (that beautiful) cigar smell when she got home? I hope you aren't in the doghouse. Looking forward to hearing the update.
  • Options
    Well she claims there was a light smell in the house and the Man Cave did smell a bit more, she was impressed on how the two rooms had VERY different levels of Stank, and when I said that I had an Ozone Generator coming she wasn't happy.... then when I told her what the p huck a Ozone Generator was and does, then she was fine with it!!!
    I GET TO KEEP THE CAVE!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Lasabar:
    Well she claims there was a light smell in the house and the Man Cave did smell a bit more, she was impressed on how the two rooms had VERY different levels of Stank, and when I said that I had an Ozone Generator coming she wasn't happy.... then when I told her what the p huck a Ozone Generator was and does, then she was fine with it!!!
    I GET TO KEEP THE CAVE!
    Totally badass.

So I started a bit of cleaning last week on my man cave. I have a metal shed in the back yard with nothing in it but dust and cobwebs, so I swept her out and put a table in there. Next I'll throw some insulation on the ceiling and run a cable out there so I can electrically heat her up. Winter will be SOLVED! I gotta get moving on it - the cold is fast approaching.
  • Options
    Congrats man. That is awesome you get to have a place of your own to relax. My wife was a little upset that I smoked in the garage last weekend. The garage for crying out loud! In her defense, it does smell a little musty. I guess I am banished to the back patio again. The ozone generator will help considerably. I had one many years ago when I smoked in the car. Made a big difference.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I GET TO KEEP THE CAVE!
    Congratulations man, enjoy it!
  • Options
    Now.... How do I keep her OUT of it.... Hmmmmmm
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    well, you being in there is a start.... ;)