Home General Discussion

Poker Membership Drive

brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
Poker has become an endangered species as of late on this board. Fewer and Fewer people are making time for the cigar enthusiasts national pastime. It is a darn shame, so i am holding a membership drive for Tuesday night poker.

On every other Tuesday at 8EST a few guys get together to smoke and play some poker on Pokerstars.net. All you need is a Mac or PC.....sorry no mobile devices. The ante is 5 decent cigars to be shipped to the winner at the end of the month. (just in case you win one week that way we aren't just trading cigars back and forth)

Over the past few times there has not been a repeat winner (nor have i won...so i don't win everything) but our membership has dwindled down to a measly 4 people last time.

So I implore you to play some poker with us........I don't want to see this endangered species die out.

Comments

• No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Might get in on this after I finish my thesis this semester, can't hack it till then though sorry.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a big poker player, but I have donated 5 sticks for much less entertainment than this. If the baby cooperates and goes to bed by 8:00 (which she usually does), I should be able to play. What do I need to do to sign up?
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank u Brian, Brian will b taking over the poker scene from me while my schedule is rather full expoloring opening up my own business, i will try to make it from time to time, so get playing brothers. please contact Brian if u need set up.And Brian i still hate u and the cardinals.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    PM sent
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian pm to ya
    PM Brian
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Is it still the same "homegame"?
    yeah, its the same way as it has always been....Sherm you should be in and ready to go
    !Ok we got 1 new player....anyone else interested?
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm down. What's all the info on it?
    PM sent bert....let me know when you signup

we play every other tuesday night at 7CST on pokerstars and we play tonight. I sent you a pm on the rest.
    I am signed up
    sounds good. you are in....just show up a little before 7cst and then click on herfboys and go to the schedule tab and double click the game and be ready at 7.
    T-Minus 45 minutes........anyone interested?
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    It's too darn early for a left coaster like me. Daycare pickup, dog walks, and cooking dinner all at that time. Too bad I enjoy poker.
    quantify too damn early......as in 30 minutes too early or 2 hours too early?
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I'm in tonight
    pelirrojo:
    I'm in tonight
    well ***......
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Well, I will miss tonights game for the first time all year. Got home late and I need to spend time with the family. I hope everyone has fun and I will be there for the next one.

Rob
    Bobbo2009:
    Well, I will miss tonights game for the first time all year. Got home late and I need to spend time with the family. I hope everyone has fun and I will be there for the next one.

Rob
    that is not an excuse......we are your family. Your poker family!!!!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I've got some free time tonight, so I'm in!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Good game tonight fellas. MAWart took home the gold!
    had fun. MAWart PM me your addy please and Ill send you your winnings.
  • MAWartMAWart Posts: 137
    Good game all. Thought it was going to go long, glad we made the agreement to loosen it up.
    MAWart:
    Good game all. Thought it was going to go long, glad we made the agreement to loosen it up.
    What arrangement??? I need that addy!
    it was a fun game........to watch. Lots of swings....mawart was down to less than 1k chips and fought his way back.

we had 6 players. I would love to get this up to 8+ that way we can have 2 winners. Good game all!
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Usually it's around 6:30 or 7:00 PST before I get to head out to the smoke shack. Since it's only every other week I may be able to play if I can get home a little early. How long do you go? Until everyone busts out or for a set time?
    MAWart:

Good game and a great comeback. Send me that Addy and I will get it out today.
    blutattoo:
    brianetz1:
    Usually it's around 6:30 or 7:00 PST before I get to head out to the smoke shack. Since it's only every other week I may be able to play if I can get home a little early. How long do you go? Until everyone busts out or for a set time?
    6:30PST is going to be tough. That puts it at 9:30est and there are plenty of times this thing runs for an hour and half if not more. I think last nights went from 7-8:45 and that was just with 6 people. that would put EST people playing until midnight.

If we need to move it back to 8:30est i think many could swing that if the West Coasters want to play and the time is the only thing stopping them.