Home Ratings & Reviews

Oliva Serie V Nub

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been waiting for the weather to break, so I could bust out one of these badboys that Ken Light sent to me awhile back. I've been a fan of the Serie V since I tried my first a few years ago, and was excited to try this new twist on an old favorite. The construction was solid, with a dark, oily wrapper and a nice triple cap. The pre-light draw was mostly wood and cedar with a hint of spice on the lips. Once lit, the burn was a bit uneven, but this was most likely user-error.

The draw was tight, but not difficult, and actually increased the enjoyment by making this short cigar smoke for a longer duration. The flavors were not complex, but the intensity increased throughout the smoke, from medium to full-bodied.

This was a very enjoyable stick, and I am looking forward to smoking it's twin, which is still in the humi and will remain there to rest awhile before it's inevitable demise. Thanks again, Ken, for this wonderful treat!
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I like me some V.

I hope they make a melanio nub; I might just make it my first nub.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    I like me some V.

I hope they make a melanio nub; I might just make it my first nub.
    You've gotta try the Nub Dub....very tasty
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice review Doug!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Nice review! Glad to see you liked it, you never know what might happen when you try a favorite in a vastly different vitola.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Nice review! Glad to see you liked it, you never know what might happen when you try a favorite in a vastly different vitola.
    It definitely was not the same experience as the Serie V Robusto, but it was still awesome!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now go try it in the lancero
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Now go try it in the lancero
    Got one resting in the humidor... but I have a feeling it's days are numbered...
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll like the lancero! Super flavorful. As shizz said the nub dubs are great too. I just smoked one tonight!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America