Home Non Cigar Related

Another Incident in Fort Hood...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just catching up on the news and shocked to see that there was another shooting on the military base in Fort Hood! Prayers for all the family an friends of the 4 fallen and 14 or more injured military personnel. Hoping all of our BOTLs and SOTLs in the area are OK!
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Just catching up on the news and shocked to see that there was another shooting on the military base in Fort Hood! Prayers for all the family an friends of the 4 fallen and 14 or more injured military personnel. Hoping all of our BOTLs and SOTLs in the area are OK!
    Waiting on answers from one in particular.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Waiting on answers from one in particular.
    Agreed...have we heard from him?
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I texted him and called after it was all over. No answer on either. Praying.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    I texted him and called after it was all over. No answer on either. Praying.
    Damn. Who would Of thought we'd be begging Rain to post? Come on buddy!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know...texted, waiting..pray for good news
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the love guys...even you, Mr Chambers ;)My wife and I left to get our kids as the MPs were pulling in to base. Planning on going to pick the kids up and come home, I did not bring my phone. So we spent a few hours locked out before we drove an hour away to my in laws and spent the night. Inconvenient, but compared to what a lot of people are dealing with, I'll consider myself lucky.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Thanks for the love guys...even you, Mr Chambers ;)My wife and I left to get our kids as the MPs were pulling in to base. Planning on going to pick the kids up and come home, I did not bring my phone. So we spent a few hours locked out before we drove an hour away to my in laws and spent the night. Inconvenient, but compared to what a lot of people are dealing with, I'll consider myself lucky.

Glad to hear you and yours are OK.
    I am trying to find what I did with Tony's number, too. Hope he is ok, I think he might have still been on leave.
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Glad you and your family are safe Randy
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad y'all are safe and sound, Randy! Let us know if you hear from Tony. Prayers continue for the victims and ther loved ones.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank God.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Just spoke to Tony, he's good.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great to hear you two are safe. Prayers sent to the families......
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear you are all OK!! Wife and I saw it on the news.its heartbreaking to hear about things like this.thoughts and prayers going out to all those affected by this.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear you r ok Randy, very sad situation.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Glad you and your family are safe!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."