Home General Discussion

Wireless hygrometer

reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
Thinking of going wireless, anybody use the xikar purl temp? Or any wireless hygrometer?

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Hey Richard, here is a little bit of info. I too was thinking of going wireless.http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/740602.aspx
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Aren't all hygrometers wireless??? Are you referring to these being self calibrating???
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Opps... Just researched and figured out what you guys are talking about...
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    Thinking of going wireless, anybody use the xikar purl temp? Or any wireless hygrometer?

The Xikar one is pretty pricey and new. There are ones on Amazon I was looking into with a better price point, and some have a calibrate feature. I have had zero luck with these self-calibrate hygro's personally. Still looking for some input from humidor users.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Xikar Puro-temp is garbage.

Aj
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    Any suggestions?
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    Any suggestions?
    Honestly, any of the older model Xikars with a calibrate function seem to be just fine. I had the puro-temp and Xikar replaced it 3 times until i finally just got a refund. none of them worked right. This so called "self calibration" is where the issues are.

A.j.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Wrong thread...
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have NO opinion at ALL on wireless hygrometers? You coulda added SUMthing. ANYthing.
    I updated the Arduino thread and my Windsor build thread.  I just mistakenly put something here in the wrong thread. 

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/778828/arduino-or-raspberrypi-humidors#latest

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I updated the Arduino thread and my Windsor build thread.  I just mistakenly put something here in the wrong thread. 

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/778828/arduino-or-raspberrypi-humidors#latest
    Don't pay no mind to that Luken fella...   just sayin'.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    You saying he won't be bustin' my chops if I were from Tennessee?  I see how he is.

• NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭

I picked up one of these for $20.00

I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOGILLS2 said:

I use those in my grow rooms, I placed them in front of a webcam, I login with TeamViewer on my phone and I can see the temperature and humidity of all 4 rooms.
    Got them at Walmart for twenty bucks.

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the set-up I use and you can expand it to 8 sensors :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EW369VK/ref=s9_acsd_al_bw_c_x_1_r

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOGILLS2 said:

I use those in my grow rooms, I placed them in front of a webcam, I login with TeamViewer on my phone and I can see the temperature and humidity of all 4 rooms.

Grow rooms? we need to talk, have rec use on the ballot and looking at a retirement gig
    A little dirt never hurt
    @dirtdude It's on the ballot here in California too. They say if it passes it will generate $1 Billion in tax revenue for the state
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaterNerd said:
    @dirtdude It's on the ballot here in California too. They say if it passes it will generate $1 Billion in tax revenue for the state
    Yea, thats what they are saying here but apparently the money has not gone where promised  in the other states that have passed this.

Will be a good retirement gig if it passes
    A little dirt never hurt
    dirtdude said:
    NOGILLS2 said:

Grow rooms? we need to talk, have rec use on the ballot and looking at a retirement gig
    it's on the ballot here in California too. They are saying it will generate $1 Billion in tax revenue for the state
    — Abraham Lincoln

dirtdude said:
    NOGILLS2 said:

It's on the ballot here in California too. They say if it passes it will generate $1 Billion in tax revenue for the state
    — Abraham Lincoln