Home Cigar 101
Options

Recommendations..

Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
If you're into beer, you know that some breweries have seasonal beers that are brewed to compliment the weather outside. Well, I'd like to find a few cigars that are roughly in the same vein. Not necessarily a seasonal blend, but a cigar that just feels right when you smoke it during the crisp, autumn months. I have the Cusano Corojo 97 on my list, thanks to kuzi, but I was hoping to find a few others that could fit into this category. What are some cigars that you would put on this list?

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    never really thought about it, I enjoy the same cigars year round, though I do prefer more powerful cigars when it's really cold out, paired with some nice stouts and such. The opus power ranger is good, the la flor double ligero chistle is another.
  • Options
    Strong corojo's for the mild summer days
    A nice connie for the hotter than hell summer days
    I think the graycliff 1666 is a great autumn smoke, and some flavors in rocky patel vintage 90 and 92 cigars remind me of autumn
    Sweet and strong during the winter, heavy full bodied maduros
    and back to strong corojo's for the spring....
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    If you're into beer, you know that some breweries have seasonal beers that are brewed to compliment the weather outside. Well, I'd like to find a few cigars that are roughly in the same vein. Not necessarily a seasonal blend, but a cigar that just feels right when you smoke it during the crisp, autumn months. I have the Cusano Corojo 97 on my list, thanks to kuzi, but I was hoping to find a few others that could fit into this category. What are some cigars that you would put on this list?
    I'm drinking a Sam Adams Octoberfest right now and it is deelicious. I haven't really thought about seasonal cigars though.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    jeff_connors:
    Strong corojo's for the mild summer days
    A nice connie for the hotter than hell summer days
    I think the graycliff 1666 is a great autumn smoke, and some flavors in rocky patel vintage 90 and 92 cigars remind me of autumn
    Sweet and strong during the winter, heavy full bodied maduros
    and back to strong corojo's for the spring....
    I've yet to try a Graycliff, so I might look into getting a few to try out and see how well I like them overall an as an autumn smoke. I never though about the RP Vintage, but now that you mention it, they seem fitting. I'll have to pick a few up.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys!