Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Tat Lovers and my 5000 Post

RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
When I first started smoking. One of my first banquet loves was Tatuaje. I still enjoy smoking them from time to time. When I joined the forum I had many discussions about the brand. Anyway, I had a choice of giving back something from AVO, Perdomo, Zino, El Titan De Bronze or Tatuaje. Well, this is a easy one to get. All you have to do is tell me your favorite Tat and why it is? Plus give me a number from 1-99. Please, if you are not big on Tats. I like to ask you to pass on my little contest. The person that wins this, I really would like for them to appreciate and use these gifts. I will do a number generator Saturday in evening hours to decide the winner. Remember, you have to tell me which Tat you like and why, plus pick a number from 1-99. Lastly, have at least 500 posts and be on the good traders list. Yes, it's a big number of posts. But I have 5000 today and the gifts I'm sending will compare very well to that number. And I think that's fair...

Almost forgot, thank you all for sharing this wonderful hobby with me over the few years I've been smoking. And thank you CCOM for giving me a place to share my thoughts and have fun from time to time.

Comments

• Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    tatuaje cojuno wet pack 2013 cdm edition, some of the best flavors from any cigar i have had, strong woody, but has a slight sweetness to it that made me buy 4 box's, yeah!
    my no# 39
    roman your next whats your favorite? lol
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Cool contest!
    As per my favourite tat, that is challenging...but i do have one that brings up some amazing memories in addition to being a quality stick.

It was last year at CFest, when chatting with Pete, he opened up the foil on a box of his soon to be released Tatuaje Tattoo 10th Anniv and gave me one. The only condition for smoking it was that i do it on a clear palette after supper that night. AMazing! Thanks for the memories Pete.

My # would be 10....for obvious reasons. :)
  • Options
    Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    My favorite is the T110. It has s smooth creamy chocolate flavor. Just awesome. Number 63.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats rick!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    I have two levels of Tats in my life: Ones i have only smoked 1 of and ones that i have smoked a bunch of.

For the bunch of by far the tatuaje petite cazadores reserva tops my list because i smoked so many during the winter months. They are my go to quick 30-45 minute smoke for when i don't have much time. (thanks gordon for introducing me to those)

Tatuaje Cojonu 2012 Sumatra would lead the list of tats that i have only had one time that i loved. It was given to me by one of the local B&M owners from his personal stash (they don't even sell tats in his store) when he found out that I liked all the tats i have tried, but have a hard time finding them locally. I smoked it there in his shop and it was excellent.

as far as a number goes, i would like lucky number 7.

Thank you for all that you have done for the forum. You hold a "special" place for me here because you were my sponsor in the "newbie trade". You kind of "saved me" from having cigarman37 as my sponsor when he jumped in to say he would sponsor me. I appreciate everything you have done to build this place up.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG El Triunfador brown label lancero. Other than the DPG blue, hands down the best lancero out there.

thanks for the contest Rick. I love you. You smell nice. #22
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had a Tat I didn't like - black, series p, monsters, etc.
    (EDIT: actually I lied, I forgot I had a Tat Ambos Mundos sumatra once and it was the absolute worst cigar I've ever had. The only cigar that I didn't even want to try and save, or "tough it out" and hope it got better. It was just straight nasty....never again with that one.)

But Little monster series was probably my fav so far though....the packaging, the vitolas, the variety...it was an all-around winner in my book. The blends were all good IMO, hard to pick a favorite from the bunch but if I had to it would prob be a tie between Lil' Drac & Wolfie....oh so good.
    Looking forward to the "pudgie monsters" this fall.

Congrats on 5k, Rick. You're a cool dude & hope you stick around for 5k more.

(Second EDIT --- Rick said I have to pick a number)
    I'll go with # 25. Thanks again for the contest Rick!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats man. Mine would be a tatuaje cojonu 2012 broadleaf. Love almost everything in their line, but that 2012 is my perfect flavor profile. Not usually a pressed cigar smoker, but they do it right. # 24
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Rick! Tatuaje was one of the first cigars I really enjoyed too and still is! My favorite has to be the cazadorez brown label, maybe the especiales or unico size. To me, this is everything a great cigar should be. A little spicy at first, then sweet, earthy, woody, not too strong. It's always a real treat when I have one of these.

Hope you are around for many more posts.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the 5k mark brother,
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Tat wolfman is my favorite. It has been better than any other I have tried. Love the spice and dry mouth feel.

Number 27.

Congratulations Rick. Good to see you hit 5k, and still be around.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on 5K. And to celebrate!...what a great contest ricky. Hope you have a great day at Draper's today hanging out with Pete.

With regards to my favorite tat I am going to say the Tat Jason because of the richness of its Pennsylvania broad leaf wrapper, the great mixing of spice, and just utter smoothness and suave of the cigar.

As far as my number, Since I picked the Jason, I am going to go with, lucky #13

thanks again ricky, and congrats!
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    What an awesome idea for a contest, Rick! Many thanks and congrats on 5K, my friend!
    After much consideration I have to go with the Black Label lancero, otherwise known as the El Triunfador lancero. It's the perfect combination of flavor, power and smoothness. I'll take 42 as my pick.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the 5k mark, buddy! Glad you stuck around and thanks for the contest. My favorite Tat would probably be the Havana VI or the original Red tubos. Excellent flavors and simple but classic presentation. My number would be 62.
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    This is a cool contest. Congrats on your milestone. Thank you for supporting this forum and its BOTL and SOTL. Well, DZR has pick one of my two favorites. The Tat 10th Anniversay Lancero was released this year in limited quantity and when I found them it was like nirvana. The smooth draw,rich creamy smoke on the pallet is like butter on a warm biscuit.This is one mouth watering cigar. With a little age on it, it became even more refined with hints of nut and coco. I would recommend this smoke to any cigar lover. My # 64.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Oops.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Very cool Rick, congratulations on 5k. You are one of the most generous people on this forum and I think I can speak for all of us and say thank you for everything you do around here.

I'm with Brian, those petite cazadores reserva are fantastic little smokes. However, my favorite tatuaje to date has been the baby face. I always keep an eye out for the full size face but haven't had any luck. The black petite lanceros are a close second.

I'll go with 77 for my number. Thanks for the contest.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on 5000, bub. I dont think that iv had a Tat before.

Hope you blow someone out of the water.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember off hand but I don't think I've ever had a tat so I will sit this one out. Congrats on the 5k buddy!
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Just here to say congratulations on hitting the 5k mark! I have yet to try a Tat, but they're on my radar.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the 5K milestone post Rick!!!!!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    congrats Ricky! you are a sexy beast. I'd so hit that
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Ricky!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it would be a Tat T110. I like a bunch of them but the good ones are hard to find. Congrats on the 5k mark. You have contributed greatly to this community.

I pick #81
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on your 5000 post, i have never had a tat so i respectfully pass on this contest. Thankyou for your time in this awesome hobby.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a great contest idea, Rick! Congrats on your 5k posts!

Seleccion de Cazador, Tainos- size, strength, and simplicity. One of the most perfect smokes I've ever had.

Number 33
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    My number is 55

My fav Tat is the Anarchy TAA or any in the Fausto line. I also love the OG El Triunfador.

Rick, I remember when you came on board and to this day, you are still one of the most generous and stand up BOTL's I know. I'm proud to know you.

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want to chime in here with congrats to you!5000 is quite impressive sir!glad to see you here enjoy reading your posts and watching you work.so here's hoping your here for another 5 large brother!and very awesome contest you put together rick,hope you have a nice day!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Mr. Ricky! Great having you around and being a text buddy :)
    My favorite Tat are the Little Monsters, like John said the packaging and vitola's are all genius.
    my number is 53