Home Non Cigar Related

Why and When??????

AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
Gotta vent.... Why the heck does Mother Nature need to continue to dump snow on Minnesota???? When will spring really come?!?!??! I long for a nice warm morning.... cup of strong joe paired with a perfect cigar......
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with ya, buddy. PA hasn't been much warmer. Keep getting teasers of a warm day here and there, then the temp drops back down and it feels like winter is never going to end! Would love to be sitting on the porch right now with a cup of coffee and a connie, but it's too dang cold!!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    Dude, here in Denver we got 4+ inches on the 2nd of April. I am thoroughly done with winter!
  • Johnny12Johnny12 Posts: 7
    I am afraid to write that in Israel, where I am currently, it is damn sunny and so hot, that i am looking for shadow all day long...))
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AVJim:
    Gotta vent.... Why the heck does Mother Nature need to continue to dump snow on Minnesota???? When will spring really come?!?!??! I long for a nice warm morning.... cup of strong joe paired with a perfect cigar......
    Hey, look at the bright side: no skeeters yet.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Same story in Buffalo ...... Winter just refuses to let go. We had what they called a blizzard a few weeks back just solely based on the wind and snow mixture.... Snow areas got 8-12 inches most others got 3-7 inches ..... The next days high was 44 followed by 61 ..... Insane
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    We had snow overnight Friday, wicked winds all day yesterday with temps about 20F and today it is almost tropical @ 35F, but full sun. Had a cigar on the front porch watching my 10 year ride his bike around through the drifts that just wont melt away. Have 2-3 feet of snow on most of the fields, except in the middle where the sun hits. A few days more like this though and perhaps it will all go away. Have a feeling it will go from winter to instant summer!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's part of the reason we are in NC. I've lived in the northeast all of my life and I got sick of being tail deep in snow a good part of the year!

• Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    At least there is no snow in July and August. Something to look forward to.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Dads family was from North Dakota, place called Cavalier. When we visited up there when I was a kid in the '60s, the cousins showed me how high up on the house the snow would get in the winter. I didn't believe them. Then, we moved to Alaska. Thought that was cold, but folks said ND and Minnesota were worse. Spring is coming bro, hang in there.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    In the 70s here for the rest of the week, but I woke up to snow last Thursday morning. I think I'd rather have something a little more consistent than that. Carharts and slick roads one day, playing golf in shorts 2 days later can be tough on a guy lol.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, in So Ca
    photo 1ECB1D8B-orig.jpg
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    ya know........ I do have an extra bedroom if somebody needs a little warm vacation on the cheeeeeep~

Aj
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIRST RECOMMENDATION IS.....MOVE