Home Non Cigar Related

My best man speech.... Thoughts?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Good Evening! For those of you who don’t know me, I am Brian’s little brother Chris… and for those of you who do know me… you’re welcome. On behalf of Brian and Tara I would like to thank you all for joining us for this joyous occasion. A very special thank you to the people responsible for blessing us all by raising these two amazing people. Wayne and Carolee, Thank you for raising a beautiful daughter who is a strong, patient and empathetic woman. Jon and Jean… you guys have to take full responsibility for all the trauma and headaches this poor girl will have to deal with.

Tonight we all gathered together for one reason. Marriage. Marriage is what brought us all together tonight, Marriage, this blessed arrangement, this dream within a dream. A moment in which we got the honor of seeing two souls being brought together. From this day forward these two will have each others constant companionship and love. True love that will follow you forever and ever. It is what brought you to together and what will keep you So treasure this love… because this is what life has been waiting for you two to discover.

On this day I give you both this…

May the best you've ever seen Be the worst you'll ever see. May the mouse never leave your pantry With a tear-drop in his eye. May there always be work for your hands to do. May your purse always hold a coin or two. May the sun always shine upon your window pane. May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain. May the hand of a friend always be near to you and May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you. Wherever you live in the world so wide, We wish you a nook on the sunny side, With much love and little care, A little joy and laughter to spare, Your own little hearth when day is spent, In a little house with hearts content.

Lets all raise our glasses… to the bride and groom… Brian and Tara
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang man you ought to be a writer. I like it a lot.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great speech.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love. Heroic and quaint. A socially acceptable form of insanity essential to complete the sane personality. Good luck to their contract. A few people still pull it off, I'm told.

Nice rhyme, Chris. Good work.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I like it!
    One God, One Truth
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! This is my second best man speech and since it is for my brother I wanted to make sure it didn't suck. Lol
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as your parents are cool with you roasting them without any disclaimers, it's really great. (I assume they are great sports or you wouldn't be giving them a bit of a hard time.)
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Thanks guys! This is my second best man speech and since it is for my brother I wanted to make sure it didn't suck. Lol
    Twice a best man.... speaks volumes.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    It does a few things that i really enjoy and respect.
    1) honours the toasted in a respectable way (no throwing anyone under the bus)
    2) does not include inside jokes that exclude people, rather it gives them brief insights into the people
    3) short, but effective
    4) allows for the listeners to reflect upon the thoughts and idea that you share with them...and perhaps transfer them to their own lives

So, well done! Being a best man for 1 person is honour enough, but for 2 must mean you are a great friend to many.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    That's really good and I like the flow and imagery you develop. The moms will be ballin for sure. Great job.