Home Non Cigar Related
Options

You dont have to read it.

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
I need to take this time and thank God for all of the blessings in my life.
He really has brought me from the brink of self-destruction to the loving family and all of the opportunities that I have today.
A loving wife, and I still dont understand why she does, to our beautiful daughter who is fixing to turn 3, almost 7 years of marriage, and none of it would have been possible without God in my life.
He is taking care of our finances while we are going to school, he gave us money and scholarships that we were unsure if it would be there or not.
He has blessed us with a roof over our heads every night and food in the pantry. Add to that an innumerable amount of every day miracles that he blesses us with that we cannot even name. PLUS eternal life by knowing Him as my savior.

Thank you for listening/reading and I hope that this in turn blesses you.
One God, One Truth

Comments

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    amen! you forgot blessings of fantastic cigars btw
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Amen brother. Never forget where He's brought you from!
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOD is good!
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing that, Dane. Always good to reflect on God's blessings, which always far exceed what we deserve. So glad to see how He is providing for you and your family!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    God is good! Glad to hear about all he is doing in your life.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amen brother. God is great! He saved my daughter's life. There is no medical explanation as to how my daughter survived her ordeal. The doctors were very amazed. I am so grateful to God and my friends that prayed for her.

So glad to hear how you are thankful for the blessings in your life. It is so easy to focus on the negative and forget about all the good we have going on even when times are tough. Cherish that family and enjoy every moment. I enjoyed your thread and thank you for sharing.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Amen brother. God is great! He saved my daughter's life. There is no medical explanation as to how my daughter survived her ordeal. The doctors were very amazed. I am so grateful to God and my friends that prayed for her.

So glad to hear how you are thankful for the blessings in your life. It is so easy to focus on the negative and forget about all the good we have going on even when times are tough. Cherish that family and enjoy every moment. I enjoyed your thread and thank you for sharing.
    Amen! Makes me feel horrible for posting my "woe-is-me" rant the other day. Fact is, even when things are tough, God is STILL good. One of my favorite financial gurus, Dave Ramsey, always answers the question, "How are you?" by saying, "Better than I deserve!" Despite the recent challenges I've been dealing with, the blessings in my life FAR outweigh the difficulties. Among those many blessings I am happy to count all of you BOTLs!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Amen, BOTL's! Thanks for sharing your insights.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes it takes reaching the bottom before you can see the light. I feel totally blessed with my life compared to others. I hope to give back during my tenure as a social worker.
  • Options
    Thank yall for being open to responses. I love hearing how God has continued to bless other peoples life.

Yes, "Better than I deserve" is a great answer to that question.
    Shizz, being a social worker is a noble calling, and if you are as generous to a stranger such as me, you will do awesome for other people.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    jsnake:

So glad that she is doing good man!!!
    One God, One Truth