Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

No such thing as an even trade

ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
After seeing Jim had recently received some of the old 5 Vegas Miamis, I innocently asked him how they compared to the new 5V Miami. They had been on my radar for awhile and, being new, I foolishly jumped all over the March Madness deal without realizing they had changed. Jim, being the generous guy he is, volunteered to send me a couple of the old ones. In lieu of his charitable donation, I suggested an even trade of 2 for 2 with the caveat of exchanging tasting notes on them both. I thought this would be a great educational experience for me and an opportunity to hear the views of a more experienced cigar smoker. Apparently Jim sorts his humidors after playing with superglue because attached to the 2 Miamis was an unbelievable assortment of sticks! image
East Side 2015
KLMOW Badge 8/2014
Team Trident 2014

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome! The Ashton and My Father Lounge look tasty! Jim is one generous BOTL!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks fair. There are 2 5V there.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Looks a lot like two 5 Vegas Miami(s)....
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim don't stop counting till he's outta fingers....on both hands!!! Nicely done!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Someday I'll be like Jim...very nice
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a great selection of sticks. Very nice!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it. This seems to be the unwritten motto for the BOTLs here. - "No such thing as an even trade."
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    Yup I see 2 5 Vegas Miami also what is the problem? Great selection Jim.
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    MVW67:
    LOL Seriously!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    ckrddsmke:
    MVW67:
    LOL Seriously!
    yeah, no we wont......i was talking with jim about this the other night and honestly i don't even see where i would put the thousands of cigars that he has......it is crazy.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    He's cray cray
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think late next month we will smoke the new vs the old.... Maybe on Vherf? Should be fun!!
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Sounds good to me provided I can figure out Hangouts for iOS.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Now those are some awesome sticks!
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble:
    Jim don't stop counting till he's outta fingers....on both hands!!! Nicely done!!

Naw it was 2 fingers on one hand and image on the other.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Eric.... I'm looking forward to this study!! Thanks for the Viaje cherry on top!