Home General Discussion
Options

Do you ever think to your self

"Do i really want to buy another box of cigars?"

And then i remember that there is a super volcano under Yellowstone that is 40,000 years overdue and when it erupts it could potentially cover most of North America in ash and create a volcanic winter that kills half the worlds population... And i think "Hell yeah i want that box of cigars"
(at least thats how i reason it lol)
Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.

Comments

• Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Noohhh, not ever!
    Must be just you that has not a lot of self control like the rest of us. We never create reasons/excuses to allow ourselves to feel less guilty of buying boxes of our 1 hour vacations.
    Nope, no anyone on here. Although to be honest, i have never used that volcano reason b4.
    Guess i know what i will be doing later today.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    i never think about it, i just do it! then after i have them and smoke them, i say " i should of bought more"!
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Ive only bought 2 boxes of cigars. I always want to buy boxes because I haven't bought enough. If I think of the super volcano erupting then it'll make me want to buy bullets :P Anyway, you can never have enough cigars
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a list of boxes i want.

i buy one every time i have room.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the hell. Like I needed another reason.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, you have no idea how many times I have to debunk the super volcano doomsday to my students. That said, the 2012 end of the world is now over a year old, so we needed something without a set day so it can be used forever! To answer your question, however, no. I just buy what I want without excuses.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    what is it about buying cigars that is so addicting? I feel like i crave it sometimes..... its the craziest obsession ive ever had. I want to buy a box like.... right now...

Aj
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I ask myself that all the time. I sometimes look at my stash and question if I can smoke it all in my lifetime. Does put a smile to my face though!
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    " volcanic winter "
    what is a winter?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    I have a short period of reflection and then pull the trigger. The volcanic winter is a new one. I usually have the do you need more cigars question pop up. My reply to her is some of them are for you, and by the way is that a new purse and shoes you have. Then all is good in Lukey land.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I tell myself that if I don't buy it and live in fear, the terrorists will win.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i have a list of boxes i want.

i buy one every time i have room.
    I actually have this too, the list that is. Though having room has only come once so far with all the bombings I've been taking.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I tell myself that if I don't buy it and live in fear, the terrorists will win.

I like the volcano reason and it makes a great deal of sense. But Rain, if ever there was a well thought out reason you have nailed it.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    I ask myself that all the time. I sometimes look at my stash and question if I can smoke it all in my lifetime. Does put a smile to my face though!
    Likewise. And I don't mean to hijack the thread but since we are talking about boxes what is the next on everyone's list? I will likely get a box of AF Don Carlos or a box of La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    When I have space, it will depend on which of a few I can get the best deal on. Likely El Centurion or DPG Blue.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never really think to hard about it. If the cigar is great I buy a box. The way I look at it is that Il try two and if its still great il absolutely want them on hand. I do have to agree that seeing them makes me smile.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, when I stop and consider that I generally spend very little on myself, I have no problem justifying my collection of cigars, (in multiple coolers). No problem at all. I can understand how my stash might look obsessive to anyone who doesn't smoke cigars, but hey, I'll just tuck a cooler here and another cooler there and if I don't have them all stacked in the same pile then they probably won't even notice.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always want more!