Home General Discussion
Options

Royln, Jim and the rest of the board as a whole...

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
It's amazing how your entire world can change over the course of a few days. On march 26th my son Jacob was born. A few hours after he was born his oxygen saturation a plunged and he started turning blue. He was admitted to the NICU at the hospital with a collapsed left lung. The team down there was nothing short of amazing and he recovered in 4 days. The wife and I really found out what eachother was made of as through the entire 5 day process we banked about 8 hours of sleep total. At the end we were physically and emotionally done. I can honestly say I cried more in those 5 days than I have in all of my adult life. My relationship with my wife got stronger than ever as did my faith and relationship with God. Everyone who has kids has always told me "your entire life is going to change" or "you can't imagine the love you'll have for your kids" and I now know what they meant. I truly believe as your child comes out and let's out its first cry, that is as close as someone can get to seeing God face to face without dying, and it's humbling, and in the split second you realize this you cry right along with him. photo 25A18650-C972-4A92-9C1A-D940D72DED4C.jpg photo 981B7D8C-91BD-4BCD-94A5-6515C545DD1B.jpg
After all of that I come home and find my mail box blown up. By people I've never physically met aside from maybe vherf. The kindness, prayers, generosity and just genuinely good hearted people on here continually reset the standards of humanity. This board truly feels like an extended family of brothers and sisters I haven't met. And to recieve unconditional and genuine support from so many people, I truly wish I had words that could do it justice. photo FA5E3179-CF44-4097-AF58-63008E95BCF3.jpg
Royln and Jim, you two knuckleheads are the case in point where I simply lack the articulation to do my gratitude justice. This will not ever be forgotten, thank you so much! Morgan, Jason, Lee who each disrespected my mailbox, thank you. On some of my darkest days, checking th mail and finding an unexpected small flat rate mailer did things to my spirits that I can only hope to reciprocate one day. Puff... For putting together the pass, the second one for a new father. The true substance of your character truly shines through, even over the internet. Thank you for everything and may God bless you and your works. And finally Curt, the winner of my new baby contest. I thank you and my liver curses you for introducing me to Zaya! What almost divine irony for you of all people to win. Many times on vherf were spent just you and I, last ones standing, and you really put my mind and spirit at ease with my worries about becoming a new father. Thank you for praying with me and I can't imagine a more deserving g brother for the prize I'm about to send your way.
I know this barely scratches the surface of BOTLs out there, Eric1, Eric2, Martel, Randy, Brian, Tony, Hilk, Drew, Sam, DZR, Juinn... I beg your forgiveness if I left you out, my mind is in 30 diffrent directions, but know that I value your friendship just the same.

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Sooooo.....when we smoking those Monte's I bought? I'll drive up... Congrats brother Vinny.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    congrats brother! Enjoy the hell out of those times.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful baby. It is a life changing experience, and glad everyone is healthy. Enjoy
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really glad to hear he's doing better!...very scary..wow. Hopefully you can get some rest and enjoy the new world of fatherhood.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Love ya bro. Sorry about the misfortune your son experienced, but glad it's working out! You know to let us know if you need anything.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Vinny, you got this dad thing. Beautiful kid. Glad to hear the good news.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    congrats brother
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Vinny I'm glad the little guy is healthy and doing well. As a father of a 2 year old and another on the way it's an amazing yet exhausting first few months, but every day brings smiles, that baby laugh and memories. Congratulations again!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!! Celebrate with a great butt!
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first moments you described when your son was born was exactly how I felt. The love you feel for child is indescribable. That's how I feel God feels about each one of us. Unconditional love. Try to get some shut eye when you can. I'm proud of you pops! :)
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Love of a new Dad is a crazy thing. It really is indescribable but you did pretty well in your post. Got my a little choked up thinking about how hard that was for you and your family. I'm so happy for you guys that he is doing good. Oh, and that sleep thing, well lets just say those days are over. Welcome to the club dad.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow brother! Didn't know about the challenges your baby boy had! Praise God that he is doing better, and for the bond you have with him and your wife! Wishing you every blessing! Congrats and God bless!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats man. Glad to hear your son is doing good!
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. That's a good lookin boy. So glad to hear he's doing well after that rough patch. Thank God.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just awesome on so many levels. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I know all about those emotions you went through during that time. I wish I had been paying better attention and gotten in on this. Congrats to you both and thank God for getting you through it all.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not until a baby appears that the meaning of life makes itself a parent

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    It's not until a baby appears that the meaning of life makes itself a parent

Nice. I see what you did there. ^^^
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Congatulations on the little guy! I too joined the ranks of fatherhood this past month. It's a wonderful feeling!
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! And great to hear the baby is healthy now.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations. It sounds like you had a rocky road for a few days, but all went well, thank God.

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Vinny. Cant wait to vherf with you again. Let us know if you need anything at all brother.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Congrats Vinny. Sorry to hear you had to go through all of that but glad that things are "OK" now.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Congrats... and what a precious picture! The Baby...
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice guys!! And Vinny I'm glad everything is ok!!
    Money can't buy taste