Home Cigar 101
Options

How to identify a dry cigar?

TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
I just a finished smoking a 5 Vegas Classic and feel it may have been dry. The wrapper split up the center about half way through, and the band was a bit loose. Could these be signs of a dry smoke?

Comments

• Options
    I think lassy should field this one...my two cents being you should have at least gone down to your local convenience store and checked out whats behind that curtain....I think I remember reading somewhere that 5 vegas's love! I mean love the adult video section!
    seriously though..I'm interest too, iv got some gars that im suspecting are dry and adult films arn't making a difference.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    TheShaun:
    I just a finished smoking a 5 Vegas Classic and feel it may have been dry. The wrapper split up the center about half way through, and the band was a bit loose. Could these be signs of a dry smoke?
    If the band is loose then that could be a sign, the bands are put on at the factory in optimal conditions so if the cigar shrunk the only that could have LEFT it is moisture

The cracking could be dryness, for it swelled up and the wrapper couldn't stretch to accommodate, just was brittle and cracked.

Plus, if you feel it MAY have been dry than it most likely was, why else would you think that unless you subconsciously know?

To get it WET again there are some rules
    1. Always use SPIT or a Water-based lubricant
    2. Start with only TWO fingers, don't just go all gung-ho and ruin it for the both of you
    3. Nice guys finish last
    4. Try some "Dirty-Talking" to spice things up
    If those suggestions fail to get things wet than may I suggest some ****-beads, handcuffs, hot wax, latex, clothes with LOTS of zippers and a Safe-word of "Banana"
  • Options
    Banana. That's really gonna confuse things.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    TheShaun:
    If the band is loose then that could be a sign, the bands are put on at the factory in optimal conditions so if the cigar shrunk the only that could have LEFT it is moisture

The cracking could be dryness, for it swelled up and the wrapper couldn't stretch to accommodate, just was brittle and cracked.

Plus, if you feel it MAY have been dry than it most likely was, why else would you think that unless you subconsciously know?

2. Start with only TWO fingers, don't just go all gung-ho and ruin it for the both of you
    3. Nice guys finish last
    If those suggestions fail to get things wet than may I suggest some ****-beads, handcuffs, hot wax, latex, clothes with LOTS of zippers and a Safe-word of "Banana"
    ... That's better information than you can get from Dr Phil, Dr. Ruth, Dr. J and Dr. Spock.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    TheShaun:

3. Nice guys finish last
    ... That's better information than you can get from Dr Phil, Dr. Ruth, Dr. J and Dr. Spock.
    Hmmmmm.... Dr. Lassy!
  • Options
    Back on "Rail" here

If you Squeeze your cigars there should be some give (just a little) and it shouldn't make much noise (i.e. cracking) it can have a LITTLE bit of a snap, crackly or pop, but that should just be coming from the wrapper readjusting, not sounding like the insides are bone dry...
    A Test would be to take a stick you have (I assume the dry one was in your humi) and squeeze and poke and prod it up and down, listen to it intently and make note of all the feeling and noises it makes...
    Then go to your B&M and buy the SAME stick and bring it home, if the B&M is a good one you know the stick is somewhat at a good humidity, then poke and prod and squeeze that sumbitch to compare!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to roll mine between my fingers and feel that slight give. I have had some dry cigars that when you roll them like that will actually start to crunch and break like they are slightly brittle.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    I like to roll mine between my fingers and feel that slight give. I have had some dry cigars that when you roll them like that will actually start to crunch and break like they are slightly brittle.
    He's right.... the brittle-ness is good for Churro's... but not your Sticks.... (and slightly bad for Burro's as well)
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    Lasabar:
    then poke and prod and squeeze that sumbitch to compare!

you're just looking for a reason to poke and squeeze anything these days.
  • Options
    ironhorse:
    Lasabar:
    then poke and prod and squeeze that sumbitch to compare!

you're just looking for a reason to poke and squeeze anything these days.
    Well the girlfriend IS out of town and I don't wanna waste money on Strippers.... So....
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    TheShaun:
    was it the torpedo?? ive had 3/4 split straight down the side. all kept at 70 70 from factory to me smoking them.
  • Options
    sol1821:
    TheShaun:
    was it the torpedo?? ive had 3/4 split straight down the side. all kept at 70 70 from factory to me smoking them.
    Yes, it was the torpedo.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    TheShaun:

3. Nice guys finish last
    oh god that's funny