Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

NHL -- Stanley Cup Bracket Challenge -- WINNERS on pg 6

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playoff hockey is the best. I got cute with my bracket, and the whole thing is more than likely going to blow up in round one.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Still don't know what's going on but .... Go Kings!!
    Jeff carters a **** !!!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Bigshizza:
    Who's that? Lol
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    jgibv:
    Bigshizza:
    Who's that? Lol
    Center for the kings....used to play for columbus. Wasn't happy to be traded here and became a toxic player IMO.... http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/jeff-carter-why-things-didn-t-columbus-blue-223122538.html

And You better be wearing that bluejackets hat for the game today.....:-)

• Options
    damn....2-0 lead for most of the game....
    3-1 towards the beginning of the 3rd....
    then PIT scores 3 goals in 2 1/2 minutes to take the lead....and ends up winning 4-3
    wow

2 garbage goals by PIT where bob was screened and couldn't see the puck...not much you can do about those. Fleury had some good saves & kept them in the game....CBJ had 2-3 great chances that Fleury made good play son. Bob played well too on our end, some great stops especially on the PKs.

gotta say that officiating was some of the worst I've seen. (Other than the disallowed goal on the TB/MTL game, that was a head scratcher). there were some garbage calls and definitely missed calls (like boarding against PIT) ... but the 2 min minor to Foligno for unsportsmalink because he skate stopped and kicked up ice at Fleury .... wow. WTF. I hope the league pulls this crew for the rest of the playoffs - seemed like they had their heads up their ****.

• Options
    I flipped off of that game to watch the Hawks, was happy with that two goal lead. Went back to Columbus game and was disappointed. That was crap, how does one team give up three goals in a matter of minuets.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Patrickbrick:
    I flipped off of that game to watch the Hawks, was happy with that two goal lead. Went back to Columbus game and was disappointed. That was crap, how does one team give up three goals in a matter of minuets.
    I hear you....1 of the pens goals deflected off a jackets dman & another our goalie was screened and couldn't see the puck. So that's 2 goals by PIT really not much our goalie can do about (I like to call them $hit goals).
    Jackets were on the PK a lot too and couldn't clear the zone. Some questionable calls against the jackets and missed calls against PIT IMO....
    So if you take away the "$hit" goals --- should have been 3-2 W for jackets.
    PIT outshot us at like a 2:1 ratio though.....both goalies played well and had some pretty fantastic saves at times (especially Bob) .... if it wasn't for them, both teams could have easily scored 5 or 6 IMO.

And fun trivia---each game of this series has had a team take a 3-1 lead...and the team with the lead ends up losing....final score has been 4-3 for each game

• Options
    GOD DAMN IT TAMPA BAY!!!!!
    Really???? Swept??? C'mon!!!!

Also, Shizza --- it looks like your bracket wasn't filled out right and/or your picks weren't saved properly....
    Because on my end your bracket appears to be "blank."
    And it looks like none of your picks were saved

Do me a favor and log in and check your bracket....and let me know.

If that's the case and your picks weren't saved.... 1)sorry I didn't catch this sooner ....and 2) let me know if you want to duck out, that is ok by me.... and I assume the other guys would agree.

• Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Bruins!!! Lose one, just to make it interesting, then show em who's boss.
  • Options
    Yea that Tampa series upset me as well. After game two though I saw the sweep coming. I too am rooting for Boston, this will never happen again. The Hawks looked good in game in game three but St. Louis should take the rest. Columbus also needs to not blow games that they have won.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    GOD DAMN IT TAMPA BAY!!!!!
    Really???? Swept??? C'mon!!!!

Also, Shizza --- it looks like your bracket wasn't filled out right and/or your picks weren't saved properly....
    Because on my end your bracket appears to be "blank."
    And it looks like none of your picks were saved

Do me a favor and log in and check your bracket....and let me know.

If that's the case and your picks weren't saved.... 1)sorry I didn't catch this sooner ....and 2) let me know if you want to duck out, that is ok by me.... and I assume the other guys would agree.
    Well crap I thought it didn't look right... I saved it...oh well... I will still send to the winner
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    I will still send to the winner
    Jim's sneaky plan all along....
  • Options
    Patrickbrick:
    Columbus also needs to not blow games that they have won.
    Preachin' to the choir, man.
    Happened a few times during the regular season too --- those are tough games to stomach.
    Bigshizza:
    Well crap I thought it didn't look right... I saved it...oh well... I will still send to the winner
    That sucks man. So did they save :-) or no :-(
    If they saved and you can view them on your computer??? Take a screenshot and post it here and I'll add yours up manually.

And you don't have to do that but you are a cool cat. I like your style.
    No_one21:
    Bigshizza:
    I will still send to the winner
    Jim's sneaky plan all along....
    LOL probably --- he's just using it as an excuse to bomb someone....

• Options
    Jg, it's nice to meet another hockey fan. Did you play. You clearly follow all year, not just a playoff guy.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Patrickbrick:
    Jg, it's nice to meet another hockey fan. Did you play. You clearly follow all year, not just a playoff guy.
    Likewise, Patrick.

Giovanni (gio164) told me that same thing a few days ago. Not much hockey talk on here, maybe we should start a "Let's Talk Hockey" thread in the NCR section....hmm

But nope, never played.

Went to a couple jackets games years ago when we first got the team. (Also I remember going to a couple Columbus Chill, ECHL team, games at the fairgrounds when I was growing up)

Been following the jackets on and off ever since we got the team. Try to get down for at least a game or two each season but got busy with other things and didn't watch them closely the last few years.

But this past fall I ran into an old HS classmate who had been working in their media/PR dept (he had just left that position when I ran into him). We got talking about the team, new GM, league realignment, etc.....
    Jackets were under .500 at the time and not playing very well, had lost a few games in a row if I remember right.
    My friend told me though they had potential and he thought they'd make the playoffs this year, I told him he was crazy, but he said I should start following closely. He believed there was something special with this group of players and he sold me on it.
    Started watching every game back around Nov ..... then was lucky enough to get glass seats for two games in Dec....(one was the TB game where Bob was injured. Not something you want to witness but exciting to see our backup come in and maintain the shutout).

Needless to say, after being that close to the ice .... I was hooked again!!! And my wife's never really been a hockey fan but she went to the games too and has been hooked ever since. Haven't missed a single game (either on TV or radio) since last fall.

Had so much fun back in Dec, we've been talking about getting season (or partial) tickets ever since....would love to but where we'd want to sit (glass seats) is a bit more than we'd want to spend for a full season plan. IDK.....will definitely get down for more games next year, probably just buy the tickets on stubhub though.

How about you Patrick?

• Options
    I played my whole life from almost 5 to this day. Love the sport, this is the one I follow most closely. I watch most games that are on, not just the hawks. When I was in high school a group of friends I had would go all the time to hawk games for $ 11.00 each ticket and would split $ 20.00 parking. It was a great time even though they were not what they were in the early 90s. My second job that I can't bring myself to leave is a supervisor at an ice rink, basically I drive the zambonie. I figured I'd get cute with the bracket and pick La and Tampa to win, OOOOPSSS. O well any way love the sport and it is great to meet people who follow it as well.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Wth Columbus.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy a little hockey talk. Huge Blues fan here. I've been able to make a few games each of the past years and the wife and I might get a half season package for next year.
  • Options
    HHHHHOOOOLLLLLLYYYY SSSSHHHHHIIIIIITTTTT HHHHHEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL YYYYEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! BRANDON DUBINSKY & then NICK FOLIGNO FTW!!!!!!! OT BABY!!!!!!
    again the team that goes up 3-1 (pens) ends up losing 4-3. What are the freaking odds of that happening for all 4 games so far.
    WWWOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    jgibv:
    HHHHHOOOOLLLLLLYYYY SSSSHHHHHIIIIIITTTTT HHHHHEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL YYYYEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! BRANDON DUBINSKY & then NICK FOLIGNO FTW!!!!!!! OT BABY!!!!!!
    again the team that goes up 3-1 (pens) ends up losing 4-3. What are the freaking odds of that happening for all 4 games so far.
    WWWOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's wild. Those are some great games.
  • Options
    Patrickbrick:
    I played my whole life from almost 5 to this day. Love the sport, this is the one I follow most closely. I watch most games that are on, not just the hawks. When I was in high school a group of friends I had would go all the time to hawk games for $ 11.00 each ticket and would split $ 20.00 parking. It was a great time even though they were not what they were in the early 90s. My second job that I can't bring myself to leave is a supervisor at an ice rink, basically I drive the zambonie. I figured I'd get cute with the bracket and pick La and Tampa to win, OOOOPSSS. O well any way love the sport and it is great to meet people who follow it as well.
    Very cool, Patick.
    What position(s) have you played?

I have a Hawks jersey (and used to have a cool old-school Hawks hat) that I got back in the mid-90s ... my grandpa lived in one of the suburbs up there and I remember visiting him, didn't know much about hockey at the time other than the few Columbus Chill games I'd been too .... but I thought the hawks logo was pretty cool and convinced my parents to get me some gear.

Driving the zambonie, now that sounds like an experience!!!

Patrickbrick:
    Wth Columbus.
    You can't give up on this team.....Believe in Columbus
    bert873:
    I enjoy a little hockey talk. Huge Blues fan here. I've been able to make a few games each of the past years and the wife and I might get a half season package for next year.
    Awesome on the tickets, good luck hope you can get them.
    And man, your series with chicago is keeping me on the edge of my seat!!!

• Options
    I mostly played left wing, but I was plugged in on D when needed. Some amazing games last night.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    jgibv:
    Patrickbrick:
    Very cool, Patick.
    What position(s) have you played?

I have a Hawks jersey (and used to have a cool old-school Hawks hat) that I got back in the mid-90s ... my grandpa lived in one of the suburbs up there and I remember visiting him, didn't know much about hockey at the time other than the few Columbus Chill games I'd been too .... but I thought the hawks logo was pretty cool and convinced my parents to get me some gear.

Driving the zambonie, now that sounds like an experience!!!

Patrickbrick:
    Wth Columbus.
    You can't give up on this team.....Believe in Columbus
    bert873:
    Awesome on the tickets, good luck hope you can get them.
    And man, your series with chicago is keeping me on the edge of my seat!!!
    Yea this series is gonna make me go crazy. I think tomorrows game is the biggest. I don't like the odds of having to win in Chicago to keep the series going
  • Options
    gio164gio164 Posts: 180
    Rangers looked good today!
  • Options
    Yes they did. Have to say at this point go hawks for the repeat.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Some great games last night! My Rangers advance, can't wait for the next round vs the Pens!
  • Options
    gio164:
    Some great games last night! My Rangers advance, can't wait for the next round vs the Pens!
    Gio, please tell your Rangers to beat those stupid flightless arctic birds.
    Thank you :-)

And quick update on the standings after the 1st round:

flowbee is in 1st, no one21 is in 2nd, and gio164 is in 3rd...

kingjk729's slightly behind in 4th and patrickbrick's in 5th

my bracket's pretty much busted and shizza's picks didn't save correctly....

Still lots of hockey to play and anything could happen as we saw in the first round games!!!

• Options
    Stupid Colorado could have had me in first. Same to the damn Flyers... oh well good luck in round 2 everyone!
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    gio164:
    Bro I am on the same boat with you!!! Go Rangers!!!
  • Options
    Holy crap!! Down 3-1 in the series, I thought they were done. Can't believe it! LET"S GO RANGERS!!!!