Home General Discussion
Options

TEXAS BOYS!!!

MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
Just a heads up be in Dallas/Fort Worth Sept 29th - Oct 3rd Decorative Concrete Show....Could herf
Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...

Comments

• Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    I am in!!!! Do you know a little more detail about where? DFW if a big area. I actually live just west of Fort Worth and Dallas is a “long ways” away to the east and I generally avoid Dallas like the plague. Keep me/us posted when the time gets closer so I don’t forget.
  • Options
    OK I looked it up and see it’s at the Fort Worth Convention Center in downtown. There is a cigar shop called Tabaco Lane on the Square that is within walking distance from the Convention Center. Hopefully they will still be there. Last time I was in there they said the building was bought by someone who wants it to be a no smoking building and Tabaco Lane is sweating bullets. There is another cigar lounge that just opened around the corner from there but I have not heard good things about it. Nose up in the air hipster crazy expensive kind of cigar lounge
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Just a heads up be in Dallas/Fort Worth Sept 29th - Oct 3rd Decorative Concrete Show....Could herf
    Check out the Underground Cigar Lounge I believe you won't be disappointed Mike, Ask for Don.
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    MVW67:
    Check out the Underground Cigar Lounge I believe you won't be disappointed Mike, Ask for Don.
    Be sure to go with friends and or be sure to use your spidy senesces, not the best neighbor hood in Fort Worth
  • Options
    Really all the pics I've seen are pretty nice. The outside area looks really good.I've never been but I know plenty who have and love the place.
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    Really all the pics I've seen are pretty nice. The outside area looks really good.I've never been but I know plenty who have and love the place.
    Yes really. The busiest fire station in the city is two blocks over from that location and the next 2 closest stations are in the top five of busiest fire company's. It's in the Handley neighborhood and it's a very old low income neighborhood. I'm not saying your in grave danger just be aware of your surroundings. Lots of memembers are very proud of that communities history and do all they can to keep it up but a lot of the folks seem to do all they can to tear it down. Like I said you should be fine just saying be aware of what's around you.
  • Options
    Yes will keep informed, wife will be with, traveling around won't bother me. Can come farther out of city, will keep posted!:-) :-)
  • Options
    MVW67:
    Yes will keep informed, wife will be with, traveling around won't bother me. Can come farther out of city, will keep posted!:-) :-)
    In that case your welcome to herf on my front porch about 30 mins from downtown Fort Worth or the B&M I like that is about 15 minutes.
  • Options
    FireRob:
    MVW67:
    In that case your welcome to herf on my front porch about 30 mins from downtown Fort Worth or the B&M I like that is about 15 minutes.
    15 minutes your so lucky! I miss my old b@m 10 minutes away. Now I got to go to Charleston for one I can smoke at. 40 minutes away. Worth it to me but wife says it's just wasting gas.
  • Options
    I agree!
  • Options
    FireRob:
    MVW67:
    Sweet deal can make it happen!!!
  • Options
    In Dallas/ Fort Worth area Sept 28th- Oct 3rd
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Oh, now I remember... hmmmm.
  • Options
    MVW67:
    In Dallas/ Fort Worth area Sept 28th- Oct 3rd
    Almost forgot about this. Same offer as above still stands
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I could probably do Sunday/Monday if I put in a pass.
  • Options
    !
  • Options
    FireRob:
    OK I looked it up and see it’s at the Fort Worth Convention Center in downtown. There is a cigar shop called Tabaco Lane on the Square that is within walking distance from the Convention Center. Hopefully they will still be there. Last time I was in there they said the building was bought by someone who wants it to be a no smoking building and Tabaco Lane is sweating bullets.
    Yep they are now only a memory. Sort of, they still have their third and last store but it's in a town 20 miles to the west called Weatherford. Shame, the other two stores had been around for as long as I can remember when I was a kid.
  • Options
    FireRob:
    FireRob:
    OK I looked it up and see it’s at the Fort Worth Convention Center in downtown. There is a cigar shop called Tabaco Lane on the Square that is within walking distance from the Convention Center. Hopefully they will still be there. Last time I was in there they said the building was bought by someone who wants it to be a no smoking building and Tabaco Lane is sweating bullets.
    Yep they are now only a memory. Sort of, they still have their third and last store but it's in a town 20 miles to the west called Weatherford. Shame, the other two stores had been around for as long as I can remember when I was a kid.
    OK booking flights and hotels today, will pass on related info!! :-)
  • Options
    Yay? Nay?
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of pics of the Legend and you fellas!!!
  • Options
    Rain:
    Yay? Nay?
    He is in town. Sunday he stopped by the fire station for a quick hello and suposed to go to dinner with him and his wife on Thursday