Home General Discussion

Hey Daniel... Think this would work?

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ever thought about doing a coffee mug with cigar bands? I wonder if this is do-able...

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DUDE!!!! Awesome idea,think in a good adhesive and lacquer just probably need to stay away from the lip of the mug.but really cool idea.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Vance! Here's the first test pattern. Very rough draft just to get a sense of how it might look, but I think we may be on to something here!

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! That's awesome! What did you seal it with? Dishwasher safe?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    danielzreyes:
    Wow! That's awesome! What did you seal it with? Dishwasher safe?
    This is just a mock-up to get a feel for putting the pattern together. Just did this one with Elmer's glue to see what it would look like. The real deal would need to use a better glue and some sort of lacquer coating. What would you recommend using?
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Very nice cup!

Yall know what yall should do that I'd buy? Drink coasters, a book marks, ashtrays, and shot classes or liquor glasses.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just as it is, it's a nice cup to keep on a desk for pens and pencils :)
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks awesome! I'd drink from it
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. I've been trying to come up with something creative to do with all my bands
    Thanatos0320:
    Very nice cup!

Yall know what yall should do that I'd buy? Drink coasters, a book marks, ashtrays, and shot classes or liquor glasses.
    Shot me your Addy,I make bookmarks I'll send you one.

• No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Thanatos0320:
    Very nice cup!

I'm making bottle opener fridge magnets now though my output is pretty small scale. I think you'll find most guys on here that make such things are making them to give not to sell.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanatos0320:
    Very nice cup!

aka cookiestands
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent idea!
    No_one21:
    Thanatos0320:
    Very nice cup!

I'm making bottle opener fridge magnets now though my output is pretty small scale. I think you'll find most guys on here that make such things are making them to give not to sell.
    ????? absolutely any time I send out a bookmark or framed peiceof art I do it out of love for the hobby! I expect nothing in return at all.I enjoy making them and think of it as my way of saying hello.I believe I speak for most of the brothers when I say that.

twistedstem:
    No_one21:
    Thanatos0320:
    Very nice cup!

????? absolutely any time I send out a bookmark or framed peiceof art I do it out of love for the hobby! I expect nothing in return at all.I enjoy making them and think of it as my way of saying hello.I believe I speak for most of the brothers when I say that.
    +1

When I figure out how to produce these with good adhesive and lacquer finish, they will be making "appearances" as random gifts.
    Bob Luken:
    just as it is, it's a nice cup to keep on a desk for pens and pencils :)
    It also works well as a holder for lighters, cutters, nubbers and whatnot. Looks great next to the humi.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    Thanatos0320:
    Very nice cup!

I bet those are neat looking. I've never seen anything made with cigar bands until i joined this forum. Stuff made from cigar bands are pretty cool looking.
  • chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    That mug looks awesome! Should start selling these things, would be a great excuse to have to smoke more sticks!
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Looks good Doug! We need to add pint glasses to the list of cigar band accessories for all the beer drinkers on this forum.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Thanatos0320:
    No_one21:
    Thanatos0320:
    Very nice cup!

I bet those are neat looking. I've never seen anything made with cigar bands until i joined this forum. Stuff made from cigar bands are pretty cool looking.
    I thought it looks cool. You should ask Royln though he has the first one.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like we say in English class, "Ya dun good!" That is really beautiful work. Finding a good lacquer that stands up will be the key.