Home General Discussion
Options

Strange dream about small cigars

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I haven't looked yet but I had an odd dream about Ave Maria and Undercrowns coming in little tins.... Lol is there an easy way to search which sticks come in tins? Google seems to be slightly useless and I have no idea how I would search it here.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm....interesting question.

I've seen a few online retailers that have a specific "cigar tin" category on their website....
    They seem to be mostly smaller RGs though (petit coronas in particular).
    You can try searching "tin" or "cigar tin" on a retailer's site too, but that will give you mixed results depending on how the retailer entered the product description....

As for a comprehensive list of all tins, my gut feeling is that you're SOL.

If you're looking for a specific brand in a tin .... email or call a rep and they might be able to help.
    It could be a limited production, or sampler type deal that you won't find listed online.....

If you're looking for cigar tins in general though, and don't have a specific brand in mine or necessarily want the cigars too, try searching eBay for "cigar tin"...I've seen some cool stuff on there in the past.

I dig the tins though since some of them look pretty cool and they also work nicely as short-term travel humis/cases in place of those small leather three finger cases.

I have a couple larger tins too, like this one that holds 10 robustos:
    (If memory serves me correctly, it wasn't listed on CCOM when I went to order it but The Beard hooked me up with this one a while back.)

And this one that holds 3 torps/toros:

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Love that MOW tin! Very nice. I know of another online retailer that has a specific tin section. Feel free to use them for reference than come back here to purchase :) They are pretty "famous".....
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Love that MOW tin! Very nice. I know of another online retailer that has a specific tin section. Feel free to use them for reference than come back here to purchase :) They are pretty "famous".....
    Yes the MOW tin is awesome ..... probably my favorite one I have.
    Wish I'd have bought a couple more when I had the chance. I take it with me all the time when I'm "out and about".... especially to the golf course. It's a decent size, maybe 10"x6" or so (IDK I'd have to measure it) but it can hold a nice amount of cigars.

And I originally saw it on an "International" site then e-mailed The Beard and he took care of me :-)
    Gotta heart CCOM, FTW

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    SleevePlz:
    Wish I'd have bought a couple more when I had the chance. I take it with me all the time when I'm "out and about".... especially to the golf course. It's a decent size, maybe 10"x6" or so (IDK I'd have to measure it) but it can hold a nice amount of cigars.

And I originally saw it on an "International" site then e-mailed The Beard and he took care of me :-)
    Gotta
    Yeah, it's amazing what they have available but not listed. Always worth a check.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    SleevePlz:

Gotta
    That "International" site also has a specific section called "Junior Sized Cigars" which is a good place to start before you come back here.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    ccom sales reps have search functions and sorts that we don't have access to. You can always call them or email to ask what they have in tins or a certain rg.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    I might have to borrow their expertise in the near future. I'm gonna get a small acrylic sealing canister and a boveda pack for little smokes. I know of several I want to pick up for my stash when it's all ready to go. Cohiba red dots and perdomo 10th anniversary champagne. But after that I don't know what to get. Maybe some Hemingway short stories.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    I might have to borrow their expertise in the near future. I'm gonna get a small acrylic sealing canister and a boveda pack for little smokes. I know of several I want to pick up for my stash when it's all ready to go. Cohiba red dots and perdomo 10th anniversary champagne. But after that I don't know what to get. Maybe some Hemingway short stories.
    Just fyi, from my experience, don't smoke the Red Dot pequenos until at least 3 months after getting them. They go from meh to good.
  • Options
    No_one21:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Just fyi, from my experience, don't smoke the Red Dot pequenos until at least 3 months after getting them. They go from meh to good.

good to know! :)

$6 at walmart... Now all I need is a boveda pack and I'm good to go!

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    When I saw your subject line I was totally thinking about Sigmund Freud's famous aphorism....
  • Options
    raisindot:
    When I saw your subject line I was totally thinking about Sigmund Freud's famous aphorism....

LMAO!!!!! No. No.
  • Options
    I think a disc of cedar at the bottom would look real cool and be helpful a bit.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    A MOW tin I did not know of? Heads are about to roll.
  • Options
    Rain:
    A MOW tin I did not know of? Heads are about to roll.
    Randy....just checked my "order history" and I got this in late Jan 2013 (thought it was longer ago but guess not.)

Looks like my above post was wrong and maybe it was listed on CCOM at the time....I think....I don't really remember.
    And FWIW the item # was SP-MWBASST24, description "Shining Armour Sampler Tin" --- it was the tin seen above ... filled with 5 MOW Virtue FTW robs & 5 Monte White robs.

• Options
    No_one21:
    I think a disc of cedar at the bottom would look real cool and be helpful a bit.

that's my plan as well as a 2-3inch internal sleeve of cedar.... If I have enough... I might have to hit my B&M and snag some scraps and sheets from them.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Do not be surprised to see more tins/small half coronish type cigars out this year. I have a feeling it will become a trend, but not in the machine made fashion, more the small half corona. Ortega did well with his, now PDR is doing it, and the Upmann ISOM was a huge success so Habanos is releasing several others like it.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Do not be surprised to see more tins/small half coronish type cigars out this year. I have a feeling it will become a trend, but not in the machine made fashion, more the small half corona. Ortega did well with his, now PDR is doing it, and the Upmann ISOM was a huge success so Habanos is releasing several others like it.
    I like Heisenbergs in this size, too. I need to start stocking small cigars now for next winter!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Just picked up 5 tins of camachos, 8 cigars per