Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Vacation

kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
In just over 3 hours the wife and I board our cruise and vacation truly begins. Winter has been going on too long in Buffalo and we are ready for some fun in the sun. Going to the Graycliff hotel in Nassau and the Bacardi factory in San Juan and then just chilling in St. Thomas and Grand Turks. Got the travel herf all loaded up and will be enjoying a week unplugged from the "Matrix" ...... Back in port next Sunday then hanging in Miami for a few days. Just wanted to say happy Easter to everyone.

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a great time, bro! Take lots of pics, and don't forget your sun block! Bon Voyage!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Enjoy! Any special cIgar plans at The Graycliff or while in Miami?
  • Options
    So we are back in Miami ...... Bummed out as Monday was Easter Monday and the cigar factory, restaurant, and chocolate factory at Graycliff were closed. We still got to wander around their grounds and it was truly a beautiful place. As for plans in Miami we are going to the beach tomorrow and looking for a nice place to go tonight after dinner. We did go to a huge place in San Juan that had a great selection, great prices and a really cool atmosphere.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like yall are continuing to have a good time.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soak up some sun Jimmy! Can you get to the El Titan de bronze factory? I'd love to go there.
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Soak up some sun Jimmy! Can you get to the El Titan de bronze factory? I'd love to go there.
    Well the wife and I are going to Miami beach and were planning on going to Little Havana and this will be at the top of the list....... Any others anyone can think of???
  • Options
    Just did some research and El Titan de bronze is next door to El Rey de Los Habano's aka DPG and El credito aka La Gloria Cubana ..... I think I know where we're off to tomorrow.
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Sounds like you have a big day planned. Have a great time.
  • Options
    So little Havana was kind of a bust ...... El rey closed its little Havana location 3 years ago and is now near the Miami airport and el credito closed its doors on December 31st as directed by general cigars ..... There were numerous cigar shops all over and I did stop in and pick up a few little gems that were rolled onsite and sold by the place. Overall a good time and el Titan de bronze is also rolling la Paulina Goldie's although they only sell their own product.
  • Options
    chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    kingjk729:
    So little Havana was kind of a bust ...... El rey closed its little Havana location 3 years ago and is now near the Miami airport and el credito closed its doors on December 31st as directed by general cigars ..... There were numerous cigar shops all over and I did stop in and pick up a few little gems that were rolled onsite and sold by the place. Overall a good time and el Titan de bronze is also rolling la Paulina Goldie's although they only sell their own product.
    Any good pictures?
  • Options
    Yea the wife took a handful of pics that I'll upload once I get home sometime tomorrow.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    So we are back in Miami ...... Bummed out as Monday was Easter Monday and the cigar factory, restaurant, and chocolate factory at Graycliff were closed. We still got to wander around their grounds and it was truly a beautiful place. As for plans in Miami we are going to the beach tomorrow and looking for a nice place to go tonight after dinner. We did go to a huge place in San Juan that had a great selection, great prices and a really cool atmosphere.

You missed very little by Graycliff being closed. Their showroom was roughly the size of a double phone booth (remember phone booths?) and the sticks I bought there came with a few little hitchhikers. What was worse was that the infected sticks were ones I bought for another BOTL. I was not only bummed by it but embarrassed as well. Needless to say, I now have a one-man boycott going against Graycliff.
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    kingjk729:

You missed very little by Graycliff being closed. Their showroom was roughly the size of a double phone booth (remember phone booths?) and the sticks I bought there came with a few little hitchhikers. What was worse was that the infected sticks were ones I bought for another BOTL. I was not only bummed by it but embarrassed as well. Needless to say, I now have a one-man boycott going against Graycliff.
    Wow Marty that really blows ..... I'm not sure if it's just that they don't refrigerate/freeze prior to selling what they have on sight before sending the cigars off to distribution. That really sucks I know that they get beat up by some BOTL'S like Gurkha does but I've never had any issues ..... Knock on wood ..... LOL I have everything I bought in Miami and a few in Puerto Rico separated from my stash and I plan on cycling them to the fridge then freezer back to the fridge to the counter before making it into the wine fridge..... I'm taking no chances.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    jlmarta:
    kingjk729:

Wow Marty that really blows ..... I'm not sure if it's just that they don't refrigerate/freeze prior to selling what they have on sight before sending the cigars off to distribution. That really sucks I know that they get beat up by some BOTL'S like Gurkha does but I've never had any issues ..... Knock on wood ..... LOL I have everything I bought in Miami and a few in Puerto Rico separated from my stash and I plan on cycling them to the fridge then freezer back to the fridge to the counter before making it into the wine fridge..... I'm taking no chances.

I think that's wise. Also, I didn't mention that the prices Graycliff charged me were a bit higher than CCom's prices. Go figure.....