Home General Discussion
Options

Pre-light draws

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
So I a guy doing this in some reviews on the YouTubes. Thought it was odd... I've been trying it with all my sticks since then and am actually enjoying it! Anyone else do this and/or your thoughts about it?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I do a cold draw every time. Like you Chris I saw someone else do it and tried it for myself. It lets me know how the draw is and gets my palate ready for putting the fire on a stick.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Yep I do it also. Get lots of good flavors doing it and gives me an idea if I cut off enough on the cap to get a decent draw.
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    FireRob:
    Yep I do it also. Get lots of good flavors doing it and gives me an idea if I cut off enough on the cap to get a decent draw.
    +1
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    I do it but the flavors aren't that important to me. It's more to make sure the draw will be good compared to my punch/cut.
  • Options
    I've been toasting, lighting and then cutting. It's a great idea so you can get an idea of the draw and then I must say the flavors are quite enjoyable. :)
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Pre-light draw gives us an idea about about the quality of tobacco or if the cigar is aged or not. It is not the ultimate way to judge the quality of a cigar but it tells us a lot before even light up the cigar.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Love it, and sometimes do it for five minutes before I light if it's good.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do it more to test the draw, but I think now I will pay more attention to the flavors too. Thanks guys.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i do it all the time. it is interesting to see what flavors make it from the cold draw to the cigar when lit.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Exactly.

You know, something like a Torano 1916 Cam, I can play with that for ten or fifteen before lighting.

And once you try rolling a few, you really get into the aromatic experience.

The flip side of the unlit draw is the stinkfinger afterwards.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost:
    catfishbluezz:
    Exactly.

You know, something like a Torano 1916 Cam, I can play with that for ten or fifteen before lighting.

And once you try rolling a few, you really get into the aromatic experience.

The flip side of the unlit draw is the stinkfinger afterwards.

I have a couple of those Toranos in my humi as we speak... Might have one tonight :)
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Oddly enough I can usually tell a dog rocket of not on the predraw. I can tell the flavor, spice to the tongue and Complexity. I smoked a DPG the other morning and did it. Spice, flavor. That afternoon I had a Grand Habano prelight draw was flavourless tobbaco, much like the smoke.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    ^^This.
    I mainly check the draw. But there are those ones that I will draw off of before I light it for a while, because it tastes so good.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    I love the pre-light draws, but man I hate it when I choke because I do a pre-light draw without blowing and wiping any little tiny bits of tobacco away from the cut and I inhale that cigar dust hahaha
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    I love the pre-light draw. Part of my routine. Just like chewing for a couple seconds on the cut cap.
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I thought I was the only one who did this!
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just started doing this recently after reading a post .actually find it a good way to get a quick feel for the cigar.I'll probably do it from now on.
    no matter where you go, there you are.