Home Cigar 101

How to spot a fake Cuban

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
Over at What Embargo, my podcast on all things ISOM, our first episode revolved around spotting fake Cuban cigars. In our discussion forum, we had some folks suggest written articles so people did not need to go back and watch the whole episode on YouTube, so I decided to write up this recap of the show to give folks a reference. If you have any questions, concerns, etc..., feel free to ask. Click here for the article at Habanos Critic.

Comments

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Good info.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Great info. Just returned from a week long trip to a very nice resort in Jamaica. They had a full blown cigar lounge, and from what I could tell, all cigars were fakes. Some were very good fakes, but looking at the caps and construction gave them away. Many loose and cracked feet, poor caps, etc.

I was glad I brought a supply with me. The worst part is they were charging $25 + per stick

• Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Most people are oblivious to cigar fake.I tudied up before my DR trip. One night at the resort they had "cigar vendors" come in. Like 20 booths full of Opus x, Cubans all terrible fakes. Label off center, sloppy single cap. I spent most of the time laughing and telling them it's all junk..lol